Transcendence artwork

This is a moderated forum that collects tutorials, guides, and references for creating Transcendence extensions and scripts.
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It works! Thanks a lot! Now I finally can make some Phobos artwork :D
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

Is there a way to turn 'em low, low, low poly? They're sluggish to be loaded onto my laptop, and I want to play with them by adding in some monstrosity through Blender.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Before I download the zip, what's in it? Does it only work with TrueSpace, or are there bitmap textures etc, that can be used in other programs?

And, is this the same as the Resources that TransData extracts, or is this separate stuff?

Thanks! ;)
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

the 3d models of all the ships/stations/any graphic you see that was made form a model in transcendence all (well most (i thinks its missing a few (1-2))) of the textures for those models.... yes the models only work with truespace7 *(link earlier in topic) digdug converted the ships/stations to 3ds format (ask him for link) :D
Last edited by sdw195 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

sdw195 wrote:the 3d models of all the ships/stations/any graphic you see that was made form a model in transcendence all (well most (i thinks its missing a few (1-2))) of the textures for those models.... yes the models only work with truespace7 *(link earlyer in topic (but its free now ) )
Ah. Thanks for that! ;)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yeah, I did convert them to 3DS, however the "export to 3DS" function in Truespace didn't do a great job, and some models are bugged. (missing textures, garbled meshes) You can try yourself with Truespace, and see if you are luckier than me :D

Here's the link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/720869/transcen ... meshes.rar (34.8MB)
BienM
Miner
Miner

Models be bugged indeed. It says 'invalid file format' when I try to import into 3ds Max 2010/2011. Anybody else got them to work?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

try to import them with Wings3D, it seems to work for me. Then re-export them again as 3DS to fix it.
Teraton
Anarchist
Anarchist

For those needing help figuring out Caligari TrueSpace, here is a link to the manual:

http://cdn.caligari.com/tS76PDF.exe

Just point the installer to where you installed 7.6, and it'll create a sub-directory with the PDFs (but the linked videos were missing).

Maybe the manual was included in 7.61, I'm not sure... but it wasn't in 7.6 (that I could see), and there wasn't a link for it on the TrueSpace download page.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Thank you so very much George. I just downloaded these now(I've been having connection problems in the past weeks). Can I share the pictures in fb to entice friends to play? Can I? :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
DarkCherub
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well and truely fantastic... To say the least. Thank you very much indeed. Any cake left for me???
KaoS
Miner
Miner

First of all, please forgive the necromancy. I wouldn't normally revive something so old, but it seems to be worthwhile. I was wondering, since I tried the provided links and got 404 errors, is there any free version of TS (or anything compatible) still available?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
KaoS
Miner
Miner

rock on. I'll totally check into that within a few days or so. Currently fascinated with a linux-on-your-usb-stick kick, but I've bookmarked your link, so I'll get around to it...
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hi, I'm on a new comp now, and I can't seem to find the art anymore.
Here's what I get:
Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/TransArt101.zip was not found on this server.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.