Modeling Tools

This is a moderated forum that collects tutorials, guides, and references for creating Transcendence extensions and scripts.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

I didn't see any thread where links to modeling tools could be found, so I thought I'd start one.

I'd like to see separate topics under this one, for each tool (so there could be a sticky topic for each tool, with links for the tool itself, and any useful plugins), but I don't know how to do that. (Moderators, some help here?)

For now, I guess, just change the topic in your reply to the thread, to match the software you're referencing.

Thanks, PK
Last edited by PKodon on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Here are some links to Wings3D and ManifoldLab (which is what I use):

Wings3D: http://www.wings3d.com/
ManifoldLab (downloads): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3cwsi5kvm0jeiae/MI5-gFdPqM

ManifoldLab adds a lot of functions to Wings3D, and now comes in a 64-bit version (scroll to the bottom for the latest version).

PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
- The Shrike
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PKodon wrote:I didn't see any thread where links to modeling tools could be found...
It's in the stickies right here in Modding Reference.
https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2109

If you want to port all the links from that thread and actively curate links in the first post we can probably replace it. Otherwise it's probably best to lock this one and post the manifold labs link to that one. Wings3d is already on the first page.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hm, I took a glance at that thread, it looks a bit disorganized. It would be nice if there were, in the initial post (which, unfortunately was written by Prophet), the various links were listed according to category (modeler, renderer (if separate), image program, sprite-sheet generator, etc.), rather than having to read all the posts to collect the list of links. As Prophet is no longer active, I don't know what to say.

I would say that I did not look at that thread, and I was attempting to have this one just be for modelling software, for those who might be looking just for that. Is there any way that a new initial sticky post can be placed at the top of that other thread, with the links then combined by functionality (as well as whether they are free or commercial)?

PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
- The Shrike