FAQs on Wiki

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1 What about making a FAQ on the wiki with the recurring questions that came up in the past years ?
Stuff like:
- will Transcendence become multiplayer ?
- Where is part 2 ?
- Link to the Timeline
-

2 Technical FAQ
- How do I use extensions ?
- How to extract/unpack the TDB ?
- How to

3 Spoiler FAQ
- How to befriend the Huari ?
- How to complete Heretic ?
- What should I do in Point Juno ?
- How to get the Lamplighter ?
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Questions I thought of:

How come I can't edit articles on the wiki?
-Please contact Gambit- on IRC, or George at transcendenceATneurohack.com - they can activate your account for you

How come I can't create tickets on the trac?
-See above responce

Will Transcendence ever be multiplayer?
-Don't count on it

Why does my mining9999 cannon fail to do anything?
-Status effects, such as mining, EMP, WMD, blind, device, momentum, recoil, radiation, shatter, disintigration; (and anything that is not one of the 16 basic damage types, or the special damage type generic), can only use a range of 0-7; anything outside of that will not work

Why does my super weapon/armor/shield/whatever do or have a negative amount of what it was supposed to do?
-You overflowed, and it looped back around to a negative value

Help! My game just crashed because of some mod! How do I tell George (the developer)?
-Don't; talk to the mod's creator first, and then, if it is not an issue with their mod, they will bring up the issue with George or tell you to do so. Likely though, it is going to be an issue with the mod.

Help! I installed a bunch of mods and I got an error when it started up!
-Likely one of the mods is broken, or you have a UNID conflict. Some mods are packaged with alternate versions for various feautures or compatability. Read the READ ME's if it is a duplicate unid error; if not, then it's likely a standard conflict or broken mod.

Help! Something weird in-game happened, and I'm playing with mods!
-Well, likely if it involves any of the mod's content, then it is an issue with the mods, in which case you should try to figure out what is causing it.

Help! Where do I install mods?
-In the Extensions folder. It is created when you first run transcendence. Or you can create it yourself.

Where is Part 2?
-It will soon begin to be worked on (George will be sharing his plans in the 1.1 timeframe)

I found a bug! Where should I report it?
-If it is a bug with a certain resolution, like a typo, then put it on the trac. Otherwise, post about it on the forums or bring it up in IRC to see if a resolution can be passed.

How do I defeat enemy X?
-Ask on IRC. I havn't finished my guide to the various ships you'll encounter in the game

How do I make mods?
-You'll need to be more specific. Ask your specific questions on IRC and/or the forums, unless you know nothing about making mods, in which case there are tutorials to help you get started.

I need ship graphics for my mod! Where can I get some to use or make my own?
-Dvlenk6 has a library of his ship graphics (unfortunatly all older, 20-facing renders), whih you can freely use in transcendence, so long as you arn't makig individual playerships out of them (making a complete playership pack is fine, though they are 20 facings and thus unsuitable for playership use), the reason being that this has been done to the death already. Try aking a mod that adds NPC ships. Aeonic has ships, but you'd have to ask him individually to use them, and I don't know if he is still here... He has been gone for nearly a year now. Wolfy (me) also has ships, but they are avaliable for non-TX2/official use only by individual request right now. Or you can learn to make models yourself and render them into ship sprites. It's a lot easier now than it was before, considering that as a community, we've grown a lot skill-wise, and there are people to help you along (unlike when I was first here).
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Why just talk about it?

Just! do! it!

http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/wiki/faq