Where can I donate?

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

'cause I wanna donate money to you, George, for such an awesome game. I was thinking of sending a hundred bucks or so your way.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thank you for the offer!

Donations are always highly appreciated!

You may donate using PayPal here:

http://neurohack.com/transcendence/Donate.html

p.s.: I've been woefully negligent in keeping up the list of donors up to date. If anyone else has donated and doesn't see their name, I offer my apologies. I'll do a pass this week to add the ones that've I've missed.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

How about value, because I have only Polish "złote" and any "dolars" ? Need I firstly meet currency exchange to change my value into dolars ?
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Paypal automatically converts currencies for the donator and donatee. It shouldn't be a problem at all, Datal.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Amariithynar wrote:Paypal automatically converts currencies for the donator and donatee. It shouldn't be a problem at all, Datal.
Ok, thanks. When I have some free time I will try to do somthink with that. :D
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

...Augh. So i've been trying to send money but paypal has been giving me issues. is there any other way i can donate? If not, I'll just keep plugging away at Paypal, maybe try getting my friend's help or something.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Sorry to spoil the fun. But how do i know it is a secure link? The last time i donated money, i was robbed blind by both the company and that /@&%ing hacker.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Because it takes you to the paypal site? You can always verify the site address. As it shows when you click on it, " https://www.paypal.com/us/ " screams "this is the legit site". If you're not familiar with the https protocol, that s at the end of the http means that it's a secure page, standard practice for any site which does not divulge any information like a online banking page.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hmmm... Im still not convinced. Ill do some more research in the subject and possibly send some money your way in 'bout 2 months time. When i finally get my debit card back.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The reason I'm convinced is because I've worked with computers/the internet enough to become savvy to these sorta things. Then there's also dealing with the hundreds of different fake battlenet websites out there. >_> No matter what they do, they can try and fake the page but it will never be that exact page. There will almost ALWAYS be an extra .eu or /s/ or SOMETHING that is entirely out of place that you might miss in the early part of the site address. There's also that little green bar that pops up to the left of the address bar showing the certificate authentication of "Paypal, Inc. (US)" that shows up in the "secure page authentication" box in Firefox (I dunno if it does in IE or Chrome, but it should). Those authentication certs are rather hard to falsify, too; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security for more info, if that helps.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

do you by chance accept debit cards?
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Only if it has a visa or mastercard symbol, which means they can be used as creditcards that have a limit defined by your account balance. They function the same way a credit card does, and can be used through paypal.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Then, im sorry to say this, but i cannot donate money any time soon as i am on standard bank debit council.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yeah, my friend went to Calgary so I have to wait until he gets back before I can send money. Rather irksome.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

yes rather. sorry george