Certain factions not being able to install their own weapons

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Pointed out by Anakey on the IRC.

The taikon ventures sells the IM90 which is a level 10 weapon.
Taikon ventures can install weapons only till level 9.

It is odd that Taikon Ventures can't install it's own weapon. And there is no Taikon shipyard either.

My solution to this, apart from a storyline solution, is to let the taikon ventures install items till level 9 plus all tiakon items.

Any other ideas/similar situations/points of view?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I realize this is annoying (I get annoyed too) but it does make sense. Many stores sell car parts but do not have a mechanic and garage to install them. Stores sell software but almost never have any tech support for it or even know how to use it.

This would be a good idea for a mod to have more diverse stations mining stations might be able to mount any mining weapon or a station that contracts out it's installation and the tech level limitation based on what other stations are within the same star system. If a Raissermesser station is beside this CW station then the CW station adopts the installation limitations of the Raissermesser station.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

you could always default to a ringer shipyard.. unless the taikon was really early, when you buy an IM90, you have so many rins that you can probably afford for a shipyard to install it. it's not exactly a cheap weapon.