Damage enhancement cap.

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

At present, there is a cap in the engine that means you cannot enhance a weapons damage past 300%. Can this be increased to, say, 500%? That would open up the possibility of specific weapon/enhancer combos that turn an otherwise inferior weapon into a superior weapon...at present, it's really hard to do this....(I've been working for a week or so on a weapon+enhancer set, and I've been completely thwarted by the limit)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It would be especially nice as a xml tag or such in certain weapons to offer more encanchement for certain items.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That would be interesting for mods that use like a Final Fantasy 13 style of item upgrades where there is a relatively small set of weapons and accessories, but each can be upgraded to high levels.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

SparcMan wrote:That would be interesting for mods that use like a Final Fantasy 13 style of item upgrades where there is a relatively small set of weapons and accessories, but each can be upgraded to high levels.
Indeed my plan was this:

To get an insane weapon you need the following set:

1X Weapon (About 40-50mw. Somewhat inferior to an X-ray laser)
1X Enhancer 1
1X Enhancer 2
+ Anything else you can find (collimator, amplifiers, etc)

That lot would leave you with barely enough power for a shield, but would give you a weapon vastly superior to anything else.

Sadly, it didn't work, because of the cap. <_<
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well we have plenty of wepaons, but more enhancements might be a very nice additions.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You could make an enhancer with an OnInstall that switched out the version of the main weapon with a stronger one (possibly a virtual one)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

alterecco wrote:You could make an enhancer with an OnInstall that switched out the version of the main weapon with a stronger one (possibly a virtual one)
Yes, that's a way around it. However the engine is still a limiting factor (especially for inept people like myself) that could be addressed.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes, I agree it would be nice to remove this limitation. I was just suggesting an alternate solution until the restrictions has been lifted :D