No drive images for Borer ship

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
giantcabbage
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The borer mine ship (scBorer) has no drive images. The Borer II (scBorer-II) does have drive images.

It appears that the DriveImages tag is missing from the definition in OutlawMiners.xml
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You are correct and it was probably intentional. the amount and details of ships can effect the CPU , it would be logical to pull things off lower class ships to give the higher ones more room in the game.

I often pull trails off rockets and downgrade explosions to give things more "cpu room" for combat or to let me open up the drive on a Ronin ( yes they have actual drives, makes them look very Hippie-ish )

I believe alot of details we find " missing" were edits regarding the playability of the game, especially on beat up units like mine , so we can enjoy the game just as easy as the player with the latest beer cooled injection molded cpu with automated Get My Lunch built into the over head display.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well, i think shanejfilomena answered this pretty well, (kudos to you :D ) and the Borer II is newer than the Borer so that might be intentional being that they could have upgraded the engines etc,

(will leave this open in case george replies)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I think this is a bug/oversight on my part. I don't remember doing this intentionally (though it's probably been six or seven years since I touched the Borer class).

Thanks for mentioning it!
Matt
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote: I believe alot of details we find " missing" were edits regarding the playability of the game, especially on beat up units like mine , so we can enjoy the game just as easy as the player with the latest beer cooled injection molded cpu with automated Get My Lunch built into the over head display.
lol good one i got to het that upgrade i only have the beer cooler in mine gets to exactly the right temp to drink well unless i wanted coke after a nice long transcendence play time
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

This can be closed.