[Mod] Fellow Pilgrims

Post about your finished mods here.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I hadn't considered that. I already have some code working that can duplicate a pilgrim. It would be much easier to create another ship. Thanks.

On a side note, the code I have working is for the Desperate Escape power. Is there a way to surpress effects (so the pilgrim doesn't look like it blows up, and is still there.)
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Drako Slyith wrote:On a side note, the code I have working is for the Desperate Escape power. Is there a way to surpress effects (so the pilgrim doesn't look like it blows up, and is still there.)
Hmm, perhaps if you paste and clarify the question a bit?
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

When a pilgrim uses the Desperate Escape power, it works by waiting for the pilgrim to die, then duplicates it, and removes the wreck. The problem is that the pilgrim still has an explosion effect, so is there a way to make the keep the explosion effect from happening?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Humm... i am not sure why you would want to destroy the pilgrim... but, if that is what you want to do: when you use objDestroy without a second argument it bypasses the explosion effects.

Edit: if you want to have a more in-depth talk about this, try and catch me on irc evenings GTM+2
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:When a pilgrim uses the Desperate Escape power, it works by waiting for the pilgrim to die, then duplicates it, and removes the wreck. The problem is that the pilgrim still has an explosion effect, so is there a way to make the keep the explosion effect from happening?
Have you tried setting charges for the explosion effect? Maybe if you were to set it to one charge and inc it via -1 per explosion effect, it may prevent the second explosion? Sounds a bit crude, but it could work.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I believed that desperate escape worked by " ondestroycheck"...to circumvent the death of the ship.

When I did my pilgrims I simply ran the power code straight without modification : except the wrath power, that gets dangerous so I did nerf that by melting in

Code: Select all

(not (eq (objGetSovereign aAttacker) &svAres;))
Bad news is that it did not always want to work if there was alot of action in the system :
I have found the game has limits on station timers and ships it can track in action so you have to keep it as simple as practical to give it the highest working ability.

I have often found ships sitting still because the game was unable to " keep up" and simply left ships standing in the middle of now-where until the action came that way. ( I have since been very particular about demanding the simplest codes that work in my experiments )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Can the Pilgrims repair their armor? I keep seeing pilgrims with bad amorhealth (due to Visible Damage) and I thought that they need the ability to repair themselves by docking to an appropriate station.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Currently they don't, and I should add that since if they have high damage and go into a fight, they instantly through up sustain,.