What do YOU want in 1.08?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

After seeing the "equipment" changes and the galactic map, I would like to see an ore scanner of some kind added to equipment.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A use key and group activation for patch spiders so they're not such a pain to deploy and retrieve.
Literally is the new Figuratively
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

usable shipping containers: I made the containers usable for a " test " to give the player a table of items they can use or sell easier then the container itself...the items = near the same Tons as the container so there is little chance the player will hunt up containers for profit because the fuel and cargo space use would " kill " that idea.

but I think it was worth doing: in the even your mission fails and you loot the wreck you can open the containers and sell the stuff yourself instead of hawking around for a station that will buy the container.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

Let us have ripple-firing, and Spell Cubes (Spell Cards for Touhou), to those who are not dedicated to Domina nor to Oracus!
TOUHOU-SCENDENCE!
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

Create levels for Domina powers instead of being always adding new powers. 8-)
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

shanejfilomena wrote:usable shipping containers: I made the containers usable for a " test " to give the player a table of items they can use or sell easier then the container itself...the items = near the same Tons as the container so there is little chance the player will hunt up containers for profit because the fuel and cargo space use would " kill " that idea.

but I think it was worth doing: in the even your mission fails and you loot the wreck you can open the containers and sell the stuff yourself instead of hawking around for a station that will buy the container.
At 25 tons each.....hell yeah! :D

......but I still wish scuttling becomes standard playership capacity. :!:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
milon
Anarchist
Anarchist

It would be nice if the game kept track of Friendly ship/station kills. After going on a rampage in Eridani (there were no survivors) and getting myself arrested, I got this message:
Milon was imprisoned in the Cygni System for the destruction of Lusaka Mining Colony. Milon visited 4 star systems and destroyed 113 enemy ships, including 0 Corporate cruisers. He never reached the Galactic Core.
I destroyed at least 5 Corporate cruisers, and a little recognition would be nice. 8-)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Just before I say anything, Welcome to the forums milon!

What version of Transcendence are you using?
I'm pretty sure that versions 1.03+ keep track of friendly kills in the F2 stats.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Krull
Anarchist
Anarchist

Know how the planets have those rings that show their orbit? be neat if they actually moved,not while you play but say whenever you come into/backtrack they'd be in a new place.
What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? Image
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Krull wrote:Know how the planets have those rings that show their orbit? be neat if they actually moved,not while you play but say whenever you come into/backtrack they'd be in a new place.
I have been experimenting with this idea....LOL nice to know I am not the only one that thought it might be nice to try :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Well, I could have them orbit, yeah, but it the problem is that stations would look weird if they didn't rotate with the planets and if I make stations move then docking becomes impossible :/
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

RPC wrote:Well, I could have them orbit, yeah, but it the problem is that stations would look weird if they didn't rotate with the planets and if I make stations move then docking becomes impossible :/
Not necessarily. You can dock with moving ships, you just have to get the velocity just right. What I think Krull was saying though is that the planets don't move while the player is in the system. They move whenever you re-enter a system, so you can leave a system and come back and all the planets have moved to a different position. It could (possibly) be done with OnPlayerEnteredSystem. The major problem that comes to my mind is determining what the orbit of the planet is in code (since orbits show up on the map)
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Finer control over ship rotation:
  • I'd very much like to have two alternative ship-rotation keys (one left and one right) or key-combinations that would rotate the the playership one facing each time you hit the key, rather than continuously rotate the ship as long as you hold the key.

I like to sit at long range and snipe at stationary targets with direct-fire weapons, and this would be a lot easier if I could rotate my ship just one facing when I want to. As it is now, unless I'm piloting a very slow-turning ship, when I try to rotate just one facing I usually overshoot and rotate two or three. Maybe I just clumsy, but it often takes me three or more tries to get the ship pointing just the right way.

For me the most natural setup would be one where the ship rotates normally using just the left & right arrow keys, but if you hold (for example) the Alt key and hit the right arrow key it'd rotate just one facing clockwise. Conversely, if you hold the Alt key and hit the left arrow key it'd rotate just one facing counter-clockwise. If that's not doable, then having two separate keys would be OK (maybe the Delete key for one facing clockwise and the End key for one facing counter-clockwise).
Improve the Teraton Fabricator interface:
  • After you choose what item to drop, I'd like to see the Teraton fabricator interface ask you how many, the way the interface asks you how many of an item you want to sell or donate at other types of station. This this would make using the fabricator far faster and less tedious, without affecting the balance of the game in any way.

I'm sure this could be done in a mod (using a little bit of the code from, for example, the Commodity Exchange sell screen), but can't see any reason not to implement it in the vanilla game.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

how about implementing some interface for selecting which mods to add from the extensions folder from within the game itself? i dont know how doable this is, but its a pain when you have say ~15 mods (special mention to rpc's challenge) and there is a duplicate extension error..
i think it might be a simple tweak that would be of great help to modders and the general non modding public that like to have multiple extensions running.. maybe something like a windows "open file..." dialog box with multiple selection?
what do you guys think?
Empty
Anarchist
Anarchist

I would like to see a list of targets in scanner range, right below the scanner, just to determine the current situation rather then approaching until in firing range of the massive blob of red dots. What Yama posted is really, really good, imo.

Best regards