Meteorsteel.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Thurgax
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm in the St K region..And i'm not sure if staying with meteorsteel is the best of ideas..I have no solar array and No heavy meteorsteel in the rear section.Should i change armor about and regain my shield?

Also..Suprisingly, I'm on the fence about doing militia tasks at St Ks..Any serious benefits to working with them?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, you should trade out meteorsteel so you can use a shield in St. Kat's. You're in the last system where it's safe to run around in heavy meteorsteel.

Yes you should do the militia stuff in St. Kat's. You need a military ID for pretty much everything in the late game and this is the easiest place to get it.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Thurgax
Anarchist
Anarchist

My shield is currently the high-grade cyclotron model..S1200 if i'm right..Theres also Omsk deflector and light omsk armor about.That a good alternative to piece together?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If the set's available Omsk armor with an Omsk deflector is a pretty good deal. They're not such a good deal separately.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The entire Cyclotron family is bollocks unless you don't get into extended fights often. Definitely go for the Omsk set if both the deflector and the armour are available.
ytszazu
Anarchist
Anarchist

A mammoth 25 (boosted +50%) by the chip you get at the arena master will last you very long. You'll need a mammoth 100 (mammoth 50 are crap) when you face the ventari.

If you think shields are draining too much energy, go for 4 segments of hexacarbide armor with orthosteel nanos. :P (level 9, not the level 10, they are hard to repair). They are immune to radiation and ion-effect weapons.