Stupidest early game death.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Krull
Anarchist
Anarchist

Running out of gas,just like everybody else :lol:

Though what bugs me early on is you just DIE but later in the game everything shuts down and you drift and have a few minutes to devise a tactic-mine being I try to aim my butt at a station I know I can fuel up at before empty and coast.

And I will admit on my first go through I accidentally blasted a friendly ship and he blew my face off....whoops!
What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? Image
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

First time I ever played, I decided it would be fun to be a pirate, needless to say I was getting low on fuel so decided to go buy some fuel.

Turns out I was guilty of Piracy, but in my defence the Jury was bribed by the commonwealth ;)
I am the One and Only
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ShaunWilkinson wrote:First time I ever played, I decided it would be fun to be a pirate, needless to say I was getting low on fuel so decided to go buy some fuel.

Turns out I was guilty of Piracy
First, it has to do with your reactor: a larger reactor shuts down before you " die out " : you get a counter : if your low on fuel hit "B" and shut off everything you have besides your main gun.
Head for the nearest station and / or pick out a ship THAT IS NOT a Freighter ( freighters are the ones that get you arrested ) and shoot the ship ( hope there is a wreck left ).
do NOT kill a docked ship: you will get killed.

If you do not have credits : 0 is a good number : go to the Sisters of Domina for help.

=====
Otherwise, (if you never noticed ) solar panel array : or solar armor are ALWAYS the way to go until you are good on credits cargo space and killing.
sitting on a star recharging your reactor is safer then running out of fuel and trying to chase ships with your shields down ( especially if there are Charon Pirates in the system )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

thanks Shanej, I have been playing for quite a long time now, just never got around to registering on the forums :)

I was just showing one of my dumbest deaths haha, and i did not know that about attacking ships, so only the freighters shouldn't be attacked?
I am the One and Only
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, some people here know about this death...
http://youtu.be/VZYxRMNmxxQ

.... :cry: ........ :cry: ........ :cry: ........ :cry: ........ :cry: ....

....and I'll never do it again....

:mrgreen:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ShaunWilkinson wrote:thanks Shanej, I have been playing for quite a long time now, just never got around to registering on the forums :)

I was just showing one of my dumbest deaths haha, and i did not know that about attacking ships, so only the freighters shouldn't be attacked?
Freighters belong to Korolov : they carry "KorOnDestroy" so if the player destroys them : outside of a Fleet delivery mission , the player is charged with piracy for tanking a Korolov ship..
In a fleet mission the fleet disables the "piracy check" because there will be major shooting in some instances ( as many of us know ) depending on the course it has to follow and the system it is in : but outside of that , ANY of the freighter can get you arrested.

docked ships or ships GOING to a station as a subordinate ( like a guard ) can bring down the pain.
killing a guard called into the system is the same as killing it if it was already docked because as soon as it gates in it belongs to the station it is going to.

If you have to kill something friendly for fuel: catch them on the way out of the system : they are basically safer to kill once they are ordered to 'gate.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I trapped myself in the arena. 8-)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

Shrike how is that possible? haha
I am the One and Only
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

got stuck in the arena wall?
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nope. I had the immense good fortune of running out of ammunition. With no non-ammo weapons...in one of the pre-gladiator matches, so the enemy was really really weak...so the last one left couldn't kill me, and I couldn't kill it, and I couldn't leave to get a new weapon/more ammo.

It says a lot that I'm probably the first person stupid enough to manage this.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shrike wrote:Nope. I had the immense good fortune of running out of ammunition. With no non-ammo weapons...in one of the pre-gladiator matches, so the enemy was really really weak...so the last one left couldn't kill me, and I couldn't kill it, and I couldn't leave to get a new weapon/more ammo.

It says a lot that I'm probably the first person stupid enough to manage this.

What the hell !?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One time, I went to the Battle Arena for the pre-gladiator matches, thinking it would be easy money for my Wolfen. Turns out one of the opponents had a laser deflector. The dual laser was too weak to overcome its resistance and regeneration, but the enemy ship's kinetic weapon could not overcome my ship's hull plate ionizer. Eventually, I ran out of fuel and lost. (Otherwise, this would have been a stalemate.)
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Darkhobbit
Anarchist
Anarchist

Mine was just the typical newbie: "Oooh! Neat glowing wreck. Maybe it has some fancy armor I've never seen. Why do I have a countdown now?"

Other than that resting on top of the Charon Flight Control to stay safe from the seething mass of pirates (I slowly worked my way around the system taking out minor bases before hitting it and they just kept spawning) while I destroyed it. I was directly on top of it when it popped and it took out my ship with the explosion.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Darkhobbit wrote:"Oooh! Neat glowing wreck. Maybe it has some fancy armor I've never seen. Why do I have a countdown now?"

Yeah, I know...but I did it last week, I saw the wreck of one those guys with XM300 missile, and there was a close Commonwealth station, than I thought "why not!?", then was everything ok until I dock with the station and realise than I didn't have money to pay for the decontamination..."10s"...
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Rather typical combos:
:arrow: Running out of fuel -> goin' through stargate;
:arrow: Noobship -> Gem of Despair -> ICS (0.99 or maybe even 0.98d - don't remember);
:arrow: Ferian Warrior :D

My most hilarious death wasn't an early death - Heretic unlocked, +150 im90 ready, +150 Kaidun ready. Docked, saved, went to toilet. My girlfriend put some book on the keyboard (or maybe mouse, don't remember) and accidentally hit "continue". Sentinels killed me and I was really surprised when I came back to see Corporate Cruiser moving towards gate :D
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).