Stargates -> star group

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Czertz-ah
Anarchist
Anarchist

so instead of stargates taking you to every single system, how about they take you to star groups (ie the sol, alpha centauri which is like 3 stars, lalande, eridani, lacaille, ross, procyon, Cygni, Groombridge, Epsilon Indi, and sirius group), and the second stargate out to the next group can be in another system in the star group, this would allow bigger and better quests and missions. Or instead of a linear stargate network, it can be more like a tree, where the starter star group has stargates on all outer systems leading to different story lines and star groups but they all meet up at one point (can be galactic core, or heretic, whatever), and the groups after that have stagates on all outer systems, basically the galactic map will look like a maze. good idea, or incredibility stupid and I should go fall in a hole?
Czertz-ah
Anarchist
Anarchist

this is kinda what i was thinking
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There has been discussion of this before, and star systems might be interesting for alternate missions aside from D/O. The hard part is figuring out what needs to be grouped where and dynamically at that!
Czertz-ah
Anarchist
Anarchist

pick star constellations, those specific stars, and add all stars within 15 light years of those stars, so every star on a constellation is the center of a group, there are 88 constellations that i know of, so theres a lot of groups there already
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Part II will have branched topology
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

from a purely scientific point of view, wouldn't planets closer to the core technically be less advanced? as they have had less time to develop. so it kind of creates problems when you start delving into making all the systems THIS dynamic.

I could always be wrong though
I am the One and Only
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

ShaunWilkinson wrote:from a purely scientific point of view, wouldn't planets closer to the core technically be less advanced? as they have had less time to develop. so it kind of creates problems when you start delving into making all the systems THIS dynamic.

I could always be wrong though
Advanced Aliens races, may have migrated from the periphery of the galaxy to the core.
This could have happened for several reasons:
- A bad neighborhood
- Not interfere with other inferior races.
- More free space, because of the conditions found near the core.
- (...)

yap the core is not a place for non technologically advanced alien races!
Radiation, black holes, ... , not the place for anyone :wink:
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.