1.08a

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

http://neurohack.com/downloads/Trans108a.zip

I've made some critical fixes for 1.08a, particularly those that affect new features like dynamic types and <DeviceSlot>.

The complete list of fixes is here:

http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/report/14

Thanks for all the bug reports. Keep them coming. If there are other critical fixes I can prepare a 1.08b.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yay, more goodies to play with!

thanks
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

1.08a version option added to Xelerus.de :) get to work on those playerships, people ;D

That was quick, George. Can't wait to play around with the new goodies.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

well its been long enough! why'd you make us wait that long :P

Downloading it was we speak, nice speedy release thoigh
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

DeviceSlot works now! Thank you.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

nice, a hotfix! Good to hear the device slot properties are working now
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

in all the excitement of dynamic types, we completely forgot about unvSetExtensionData and unvGetExtensionData

could I/we please get a quick example of how to use it??

edit: never mind i got it working,

btw, Its really cool :D
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While reading the CommonwealthFleet.xml, I noticed George snuck in a new possible mission for Master Sergeants.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While experimenting with <DeviceSlot>, I found some inconsistent behavior. When an omni weapon is installed, if the difference between minFireArc and maxFireArc is zero, the weapon remains omnidirectional. However, if the difference is greater than zero, the weapon loses its omnidirectional property and conforms to the new firearcs. For example, a Luminous drone with minFireArc = maxFireArc = 180 normally shoots backwards, but an omni weapon works just fine. However, a Deimos with minFireArc = 330 and maxFireArc = 30 will aim only at targets within that firearc, and weapons that were omnidirectional are not omni anymore.

Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is it possible to set a slot as an autodefensedevice? Because that would (in theory) let me make AI ships try to shoot down your missiles in between shooting at you, at normal combat ranges. It'd be tricky because of the woeful detection range on normal AutodefenseDevice systems, but still, I think it could be useful.

Edit: That, or an option to set something like "autodefense="true'" on a weapon device on an AI ship, to have it dual-function. Probably a lot of work for not much, but it'd be cool.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

unvSetExtensionData and unvGetExtensionData work like a charm, they are awesome!!!

now I have favorites in cheat codes, if anyone needs an example of them :)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:While experimenting with <DeviceSlot>, I found some inconsistent behavior. When an omni weapon is installed, if the difference between minFireArc and maxFireArc is zero, the weapon remains omnidirectional. However, if the difference is greater than zero, the weapon loses its omnidirectional property and conforms to the new firearcs. For example, a Luminous drone with minFireArc = maxFireArc = 180 normally shoots backwards, but an omni weapon works just fine. However, a Deimos with minFireArc = 330 and maxFireArc = 30 will aim only at targets within that firearc, and weapons that were omnidirectional are not omni anymore.
I'm not sure I totally understand. In the example of the Deimos, have you added a <DeviceSlot> entry to the Deimos? Or are you just installing a weapon on the vanilla Deimos?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

BTW: There is currently a bug in 1.08 and 1.08a in which attempting to get the high scores fails with an error. I've fixed this in 1.08b, which I'll have to release sooner rather than later.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:While reading the CommonwealthFleet.xml, I noticed George snuck in a new possible mission for Master Sergeants.
Good eyes. I had to do that to fix a bug: under certain conditions, like bad stargate placement, the CSC stopped giving out missions. So I had to create a mission that had no requirements on the (random) system. It should now be possible to get to Fleet Captain even if only a single CSC spawns in the game.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:I'm not sure I totally understand. In the example of the Deimos, have you added a <DeviceSlot> entry to the Deimos? Or are you just installing a weapon on the vanilla Deimos?
I added a <DeviceSlot> for a playership copy of the Luminous and Deimos (for the Playership Drones mod), not the standard versions of those ships.

After starting a game as a Luminous drone ship, I acquire an omni laser. I install it for the Luminous, which has minFireArc = maxFireAre = 180 to force weapons to shoot backwards. The omni laser remains omnidirectional. This is good -- I install the weapon for omni capability (instead of a more powerful turbolaser).

After starting another game as a Deimos, I acquire an omni laser. I install it for the Deimos, which has minFireArc = 330 and maxFireArc = 30. The omni laser loses omni capability and can only aim at targets within that firearc.

Bottom line, if an omni weapon is installed on a device slot with the difference of firearcs at zero (or undefined), the weapon remains omnidirectional. If the difference of firearcs is defined and greater than zero, the omni weapon is no longer omnidirectional.