High Score : online question

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

does the game have to be online the entire time you are playing in order to record your score, fate or or can you just plug in the usb when you get to Heretic ?

* note : I am wireless and Internet up here is expensive.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

shanejfilomena wrote:does the game have to be online the entire time you are playing in order to record your score, fate or or can you just plug in the usb when you get to Heretic ?

* note : I am wireless and Internet up here is expensive.
You have to be online when you load the game and when you post your score. It is OK to unplug at other times. If there are problems with unplugging in between, it is a bug and you should report it (I want to fix those kinds of bugs).

Edit: In the future I may be able to loosen both those restrictions. For example, I may be able to cache a high score post on disk if you're not connected and post it next time you sign in. This would help the case where you crash before the end (or die while not connected).
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I guess it would make sense to have a "post high score" button in the initial interface.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I'd definitely like something like that enabled. Maybe incorporate the high score saving into the save file so it's all inclusive?
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Yeah, I also like the less online versions, and making clear when the game wants to connect and letting you go get your internet hooked up first and all that. Not that I'm likely to be posting scores often unless there's plenty of categories for different combinations of mods and/or an 'anything goes' catgeory (maybe throw in the long-form character report the md5s of each mod listed so people or scripts can see if they're using a known version thereof? *shrug*)

Anyway, that's a side issue. My point here was to ask, Trans can't really use much data for its internet calls AFAIK, but do you have an average data use per transaction that you could give us? :)