Succession Permadeath game on Dropbox

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:Ok, Here's the save.

Starts you off with everything turned off, next to the Charon cache and the gate to St. kat's. Turn on what you want and go for it...just keep that shield turned off when we don't need it....that thing is an INSANE fuel-drain.
At the risk of sounding like a husband trying to justify his motorcycle purchase to an angry wife: why is fuel drain a big deal? Fuel is cheap and friendly stations are common. I almost always mount a shield with a full drain of at least 30-40% of my max power (only exception is when I do something like couple a FPC with a SN2500.)

My prefererred MO right now is to run reactorless freighters, where you invariably hit 50% resting fuel drain by midgame. Remember that the power consumption drops unless you're actively taking damage so it's not like it will require the full 30MW all the time.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's a problem when for the last three systems we had absolutely no internal fuel stocks, and had to backtrack a system for fuel multiple times during a major battle. We've got....SOME...now. But remember: If we run out of fuel, we die, and that means "end of permadeath".
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
onyhow
Miner
Miner

...is it possible for me to join up now, and is it possible for me if when my turn I use other filesharing host to host the save file? (I don't have dropbox)
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Dropbox is free and easy to get. I never used it before and was using it easily after just having it for a few hours. It's just like having another set of folders available to you, but that other people can access (if you give them permission).
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I use MANY host sites , mostly for backing up images for my websites, but 4Shared is the only one I have a real familiarity with for files .
I have the 4Sync "desktop" that gives me a folder to put stuff in and it will auto upload ( for files, such as a save file for the game it is best to manually select it for upload : the auto uploader is meant for images, it has issues with .xml, JSN, ect. )

like the Drop Box , it is free.

While I can not say Drop Box is not my flavor, I just could never get past the Intro, and I know some people are "like that" when they are presented with a page that just does not flip their pancakes.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

onyhow wrote:...is it possible for me to join up now, and is it possible for me if when my turn I use other filesharing host to host the save file? (I don't have dropbox)
Yeah, there's still Wed and Thursday spots open, and we can work something out if we get more than 7 people. RPC probably isn't going to be on today, so someone might want to take a run today; I might jump in in the wee hours of the morning if I'm not too exhausted.

And go ahead with the alternate filehosting; one of the earlier people threw it up on newgrounds... the 'on Dropbox' in the title is because the initial idea was to just use a shared folder on there, but since not everyone wants to deal with that, we're just keeping those files up to date with the ones people post links to.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ok, I've got a few minutes of internet to spare so I'll say it quickly.
1. Nice job! Thanks for keeping this up while I was away.
2. I don't have access to a decent comp so I can't play T, meaning that I will need someone to play in my stead.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

RPC wrote:Ok, I've got a few minutes of internet to spare so I'll say it quickly.
1. Nice job! Thanks for keeping this up while I was away.
2. I don't have access to a decent comp so I can't play T, meaning that I will need someone to play in my stead.
I'd volunteer, but I'm taking too many turns already. :P
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'LL TAKE IT
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When I got the ship:

Nova-100
Mining Laser +Fast
Dual Turbolaser
MKIII howitzer
laser collimator
miner's cargo hold
blast plate +EMP resist x4

My system was St. Katharine's Star, a nice reprieve after three systems that apparently consisted of nothing but brutal combat. I mined the asteroid belt and sold off Shrike's Charon caches to the factories, learning in the process that different factories pay different amounts for the same materials even if you've never sold any to them before. Naturally, I squandered part of my good fortune by promptly having 45000 credits worth of carbide carapace confiscated by the arcology because I bought it before I had the military ID- oops! I'm not used to running without a smuggler's cargo hold at this stage in the game. Fortunately the Bushido dealer had 4 more panels in stock.

Anyway, I got the Military ID ROM from the militia headquarters, which lets us mount military weapons and armor and means that we won't have to worry about losing any more military tagged items. We still don't have a Black Market ID ROM. Unless armored freighter convoys are seen in the next 2-3 systems, we will probably want to trick Ferians into blowing up black market stations until we find one with an intact ROM. Another option would be to just declare all-out war on the Black Market, but not having access to black market shipyards would be a real bummer.

We have the navigation map now and 6 system map ROMs that I bought at various fuel depots. I even sold off our helium-3 fuel rod cache to ice farms and farming stations a few systems back. The St. Kat's cache consists of 34 barrels of radioactive waste; a couple tons of hydrocarbons and titanium; and some ammunition for weapons we don't have in case anyone wants to switch to the Makayev launcher or MAG launcher. Volkov has all our illegals and Dvalin items. There's a +50% Makayev launcher in the westernmost Makayev dealer in St. Kat's if that appeals to anyone.

The ship as it currently stands:

Nova-100 +Enhanced (120 MW)
Mining Laser +Fast
Katana star cannon
MKIII howitzer +40%
Makayev enhancer
miner's cargo hold
carbide carapace x4

Like all armors of level VII and higher, carbide carapace has intrinsic radiation resistance.

#1 priority is still to get a bigger reactor. The Katana is powerful, but firing it while taking damage and accelerating will put you up around 110 MW- not a very safe place to be, especially if you forget to disable the other weapons and the enhancer.

Save is on dropbox; i'll post a zip here later if it's needed.
Last edited by Watch TV, Do Nothing on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Noooooooo you nerfed the mining laser! :evil:

Nice job though. I've had worse losses to customs before, so we can live with that. Makayev launchers are NICE..but ammo-thirsty. So....maybe yes, maybe no. Do makayev enhancers work on the launcher?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:Noooooooo you nerfed the mining laser! :evil:

Do makayev enhancers work on the launcher?
No.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Star Weaver wrote:
onyhow wrote:Yeah, there's still Wed and Thursday spots open,
I can be the Thursday guy.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Twir wrote:Can i sign up for this if there are open slots?
Also, i suggest items pack 912 next perma
You can sign up for Wednesday I guess.
As for items pack 912, I'll toss that in when we try another go.
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I also made a wiki page with an updated schedule here:
http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... sion_games