What do YOU want for 1.09?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

onyhow wrote:Some kind of Rin<>Credit conversion station...grinding sucks and is a bad game design...if you want to not make it too easy set the Credit>Rin to 10:1 and Rin>Credit to 1:2 or something...just make it less than the standard 1:5 rate so that the player will think twice before going easy way...

The game is designed for you to not grind. It is designed with the roguelike viewpoint that you won't win your first play through. You should discover what is light and high value to ringers or teratons and not sell that for credits. Other than that if you're having a grinding problem try spending less.
Literally is the new Figuratively
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

.....I'm more concerned with game crashes. I wish a gamecrash will not mean death to a player. :(
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Return the Mining Colonies More Consistently to Eridani : 5 GAMES and only one had a Mining Colony : without the colony the chance to get a Mining Laser is extremely low.

******The following are " recurring themes " of my Interests that you often find in my .xml :
I would like to see the Mining Colonies Buy Ores ( a real low price, lower then the Commonwealth stations is cool : I think it would be a boon to new players to at least off Titanium in the first few systems to pay for fuel.)
=== I once had Colonies buy Ores : but I think it should be limited to the system or Ore level being as the Intent is " it's a mining colony " and fuel use is heavy for mining.

REsidentials buy goods : foods, trinkets or have a transport mission for the player: they do not have the traffic to support their population ( like in BA totally does not) and without actually DOING something, they are a Virtual Waste of all the work put into making them. I would like to see them become more active in the scheme.
===========

NOW for an "Original" want :

Ferians making drops to their colonies " or the like " : If you take out a colony you know what the count is : how about changing it up and make it more random ?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Atarlost wrote:The game is designed for you to not grind. It is designed with the roguelike viewpoint that you won't win your first play through. You should discover what is light and high value to ringers or teratons and not sell that for credits. Other than that if you're having a grinding problem try spending less.
Try to get a level X (or IX) weapon without fabricator or grinding (either Ferian, Ares, Huari (credit only) or some others)then...cause lucky loot for intact level X weapon is damn rare and those are expensive as hell (at leaset 100000 rin or 500000 credit? Really? On credit that might be acceptable...on rin? Yeah right...)...plus (with near certainty) only rin shops sell those...you want to make it less grindy? Either have a conversion station or try to make high level equipments more common on credit stations...cause, ya know, Ferian farming is boring as hell and the conversion by weapon and ammo selling is extremely inefficient (buy Green Strelka for 40 credit, sell for 1 rin)...not to mention that the use of fabricator practically requires the spoiler table cause those are so convulted it's damn near impossible to discover its mechanic by trial and error...I've cleared the game on permadeath already and I still finds that getting rin is hard as hell and extremely grindy...

Plus it makes absolutely zero sense that those 2 kinds of money will not be interchangable especially one Commonwealth Corp deal exclusively with rin...
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock:
1.09 already?
ooooh.... :|

well...humm...
....humm... 8-)
well.....
I read something about reactors...I think than should exist some kind of random name for them based on the fabricator or designer....something like this:
25mw Nova reactor...but the same item with...25mw Sonic reactor....and...25mw Pidgey reactor...25mw Corporate Reactor...25mw Taikon Reactor...
....those names are just a sample...
And those playerships should use a standard reactor of the ships fabricator installed, so you could sell them after upgrade your reactor...

%%%%%%
and more....much more...much, much more items and may be some new friendly\enemy ships...
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just noticed that 500MW alien reactor that DOES recharge with a pitiful amount as above when it runs out of fuel (don't recall it's name, I got rid of it as I really needed a 1GW reactor at that point. Fuel problems :) ) If extra fuel 'tanks' (or whatever) comes in then this would be good enough instead of the zero point module I was talking about earlier. As it is it's pretty pointless as any usefull, late game weapon/shield loadouts would burn through it's fuel pretty darned fast. I'd be constantly using 's'+'r' through a battle. Annoying.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

onyhow wrote:
Atarlost wrote:The game is designed for you to not grind. It is designed with the roguelike viewpoint that you won't win your first play through. You should discover what is light and high value to ringers or teratons and not sell that for credits. Other than that if you're having a grinding problem try spending less.
Try to get a level X (or IX) weapon without fabricator or grinding (either Ferian, Ares, Huari (credit only) or some others)then...cause lucky loot for intact level X weapon is damn rare and those are expensive as hell (at leaset 100000 rin or 500000 credit? Really? On credit that might be acceptable...on rin? Yeah right...)...plus (with near certainty) only rin shops sell those...you want to make it less grindy? Either have a conversion station or try to make high level equipments more common on credit stations...cause, ya know, Ferian farming is boring as hell and the conversion by weapon and ammo selling is extremely inefficient (buy Green Strelka for 40 credit, sell for 1 rin)...not to mention that the use of fabricator practically requires the spoiler table cause those are so convulted it's damn near impossible to discover its mechanic by trial and error...I've cleared the game on permadeath already and I still finds that getting rin is hard as hell and extremely grindy...

Plus it makes absolutely zero sense that those 2 kinds of money will not be interchangable especially one Commonwealth Corp deal exclusively with rin...

You're insisting on top level weapons. You don't have to. And you have an excess of credits only because you're grinding already.

You want one one high level weapon. If you harass every ferian nest you encounter you will eventually get a level IX plasma cannon that is in some respects superior to its level X competition. If you bust all Ares stations you will get a level IX positron weapon. It can be repaired and enhanced with longzhus, which are cheap. You should be able to have 20 of them easily.

You can win the game with level IIX weaponry, though saving the research stations may be difficult. This is available in the credit economy.

Shields can also be repaired with longzhus. The Kaidun is a level IX that in some respects outperforms every other shield you can install.

The only reason you need to grind rins is that you're picky.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

You still have to grind a little bit once the rin economy is introduced. Unless you're already carrying 50 tonnes of pteracnium ore when you see the first Ringers collective, you'll most likely have to blast some Ferians. I try to always have some ringer-valuable and teraton-valuable items by Jiang's now that I've played through the game a few times, so grinding usually isn't an issue for me, but it still happens.

As another suggestion, I'd like to see my rins displayed alongside my credits on the ship in the ship status so I don't have to press F2 or dock with a rin station to check.
onyhow
Miner
Miner

What Cirevam said...

Also one of the function of the shops is to help with player getting equipments they can't get from looting, if it's so expensive that it require tedium grinding or those stuff then what's it for, decoration? It doesn't matter if it's level X weapon, all things from level IX up are sold on rin stations...shields and armors are cheap enough (by certain definition of cheap), but weapon...

And your solution is not necessarily better...harassing Ferian is just one step above full Ferian farming, and Positron cannon is still extremely luck-based (cause only turret and Chasm use them regularly and those appear extremely late) plus the longzhu spheres have a more useful function to waste on repairing (1 is ok, more...prolly not...)

Excess credit? Grind? I did nothing of sorts, I just proceed through the game normally...credit's easy enough to come by but not rins...ores are much rarer drop later on too...

And you still haven't addressed on how the Taikon Ventures being able to interact with the rest of Commonwealth when they only use rins...because it sounds as good as trying to make some sense (read:absolutely nonsense) on shops selling unID items...

Also what erik dela cruz said...make crash != death...annoying as hell since this one is not the player's fault whatsoever...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Taikon Ventures turning Ringer and NOT Corporate ?

They deal in Rins and while nice : if you leave the Teratons and Ringers without a Cruiser on Destroy : Taikons should go the same route.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

.png support of ships, stations, and planets would be my wish for Transcendence :)
onyhow
Miner
Miner

@shanejfilomena: Taikon IS corporate, the thing is they are the only corp that deals in rin...
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ooh... I would like some things:

*Corporate Cruisers harder to kill;
*More reactors (15mw, 25mw, 35mw, 40mw, 50mw, 75mw, 90mw, 110mw....), but besides upgrade a reactor for its procedor, the player should be able to chose the reactor to upgrade(several times I have to waste a lot of money to get a 100mw reactor just because I was using a standard reactor...);
*More Pirate\Hua'ri ships;
*Random graphics for stations(...sellers of armor and weapons...);
*More battles on the Arena, even after defeat the champion;
*More random systems;
*Shields on Stations...PLEASE!!!
*I think than the Phobos should be harder to kill as well, after I kill the first they don't looks so terrifying
*support for ###.png

just it...for now :twisted:
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

One thing, there should be more indicators on your ship's info page. Number of device slots (total/used) would be nice certainly, little things like that that are tricky to figure out, especially when some devices don't use a device slot.

Another possible is a weapon that can switch which type of ammo it uses. I know launchers can, but I was thinking a cannon that switched between, say, ballistic and explosive ammo... as long as you had some of either in stock. It'd need a single keypress to switch to be helpfull (rather than 'U' + a number etc) but I think that would be a nice addition.