[Mod] Playership Drones v5

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The ships cost whatever their equipment is worth plus 1000. Ships of the same type found in later systems may have better equipment, and are worth more. The Sapphire that costs over 10,000 credits has level 4+ equipment instead of the junk the player starts a game with.

In previous versions, all ships of the same type (with an exception or two) had the same equipment, and their costs were calculated by hand then set as static data. In v5, equipment may vary depending on where the ship is found, and cost is calculated automatically. Balance had little, if any, influence on the changes for v5.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updates to all Playership Drones v5 files have been uploaded to Xelerus. All must be downloaded to update, and a game restart will be required. Two more patch files have been uploaded. One consists of alternative armor and shield images for all standard ships. The other is the ship patch collection with different armor and shield images. All images turn towards red as armor and shields take damage.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Another update is in the works, and the UNIDs may be changed yet again like in the last update. Autons and unused ships, such as the Mikeno destroyer, will get forty facings and their own armor and shield HUD images.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Before everyone and their mother decides to write ship patches of their own for PSD5, I have a question to those interested:

Which ships do you want patched?
(Caveat: Just because a ship is requested does not mean a patch from me is guaranteed.)

I just finished a patch for the Idolknight heavy fighter, and I may patch the Geist smuggler.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

StarWeaver & I discussed updating the old Sebenko-wolf modpack by kittehbob; we want to ensure 1.08b-compatibility and balance it well. It has some REALLY nice graphics.

I can't vouch for its current state, but would you be interested in patching it if SW and/or I release an update for the Sebenko-wolf ships?

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=159

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I am not impressed with the Sebenko-wolf modpack. Some ships look good, but are atrocious with 20 facings and slow turning, and the rest (except for one of the mecha) have 40 facings but appear bland. I do not want to include patches for them with the rest of the ships in the current patch collection, but I may release ship patches for the modpack in its own collection file. Actually, if I patch the modpack, I might as well update it all.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updates to Playership Drones v5 and all three ship expansions have been uploaded to Xelerus, yet again. All must be downloaded to update, and a game restart will be required. Also uploaded is a fourth ship expansion, and a patch that makes all ships selectable, similar to TheLastBrunnenG's All Stock Ships Playable mod. The new patch requires PSD5 and all four ship expansion files.

Updates to the HUD and ship mod patches will be updated when they are ready. The latter will likely include more ships.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Okay, thanks for your frank assessment of the Sebenko modpack. I won't waste my energy in updating it, then.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The PSD5: HUD patch was updated with more images for ships part 4.

The ship patches will be updated soon.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The patch updates have been delayed, but they will not be for long. More ships that were patched for the next update include the following: 5 armor challenge ship (renamed to Dreadfang), 72 facings Lindworm, Geist smuggler, Idolknight heavy fighter, all seven ships in the Sebenko-wolf mod pack (and removed or modified the items in the pack), and (Sylphid and Turquoise) playerships by darksider.

Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Awesome. The only other ship I can think of off the top of my head that I want right now is the (Dragony) Molotok 2 from Three New Playership (or is it '3' ...) ... but that one needs to be rebalanced (the max speed is like 45 if nothing else) so it can probably do with a custom user-end tweak for now. (Plus I don't really care about the other ships in that pack much; I'm not a big fan of airplanes in space and I don't even remember what the third one was ... >_>)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All nine PSD5 files have been updated. The purpose of the update is to add more playership patches, remove unnecessary image files, and to prepare the way for more ship expansions once ships are rerendered with 60 or more facings.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The ship patches have been updated to include Omega Race and Hawking.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

My plans for Playership Drones:
v5a: Fix linked fire weapons and other stuff that can be fixed only after 1.08c is ready.
v6: Rerender most ships with 8-bit masks and 60 or more facings if applicable. This is low priority at the moment.

ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

A few things you might remember to fix / add (depending on your priority of course!):

(1) An additional extension that can override Dynamic Systems, most especially the ships specific to it.
(2) An additional extension that can override The Network (even if it's just for the CSC Mk-II and CSC HQ and other things...)
-OR-
(3) Extension that adds a new option "Shipyard" depending on the sovereign.

(4) An Omni-mizer? (owait nvm I'll just make it myself XD)

Stuff worth hoping for:
(5) Ability to manually fix a station. (call backup from owner sovereign?)
(6) HelpFactor System (and most likely an override that disables the default vanilla system as well.. but I think that's for 1.08d/e/f or something...
(7) A command called "Attack Player". (which means attack yourself.)
(8) Possibly improve Playership AI (like being more careful when firing Ion weapons that can stun your allies, perhaps?)
(9) When you attack Ferians, target the Playership Drones as well.
(10) Dvalin can make playerships for you. (I can imagine the funny things he would do to them.)