[Mod] Elemental Shift

Post about your finished mods here.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Elemental Shift attempts to rebalance, rework, and expand on Vanila gameplay. It draws on the SM&M+ program to add a few things in, but mostly it over-writes vanilla ships, stations, weapons and items.

Elemental Shift: Shrike's Mines & Missiles + is a core section of Elemental Shift, packaged as a standalone mod for those who don't want to run the full Elemental Shift package. It adds all the features of the original SM&M, tweaked in places, as well as the new "Azriel" launcher (and missiles), an overhauled MAG launcher, a new missile for the NAMI launcher, a reworked Reaper missile (sapiens will use it in vanilla, rather than the new XM300), and a new Ares Warhammer for the Ares Launcher. It is required to run the main part of Elemental Shift.

Elemental Shift: Core is the main (at present) XML of Elemental Shift. It changes the game subtly and not-so-subtly in many places, is pretty much incompatable with every popular mod ever made (sorry. You're welcome to try making it compatible though), and is currently mostly stable but not 100% balanced. It was released on the 5th of July, 2012.

Updates and patches will be announced in this thread.

Incompatable with most over-ride mods, Elemental Shift can be run with certain other mods. The Network adventure extension appears to work very well with ES running in the background, although I've only just started testing how the two work together.

The Elemental Shift program will continue, with relatively frequent patches and updates to add new content and fix goofs I've made. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Shrike
Last edited by Song on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

One more day :P I've been waiting for this..... :mrgreen:
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Main part of Elemental Shift, along with an Updated version of SM&M+is available from Xelerus now. A reminder: SM&M+ is required to run the ES:Core XML file.

ES: Core has a LOT of features, although not nearly as many as originally planned. I'll be adding those extras in updates/patches over time. So what exactly is in it now? Go and find out. It's more fun that way.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

After a staggering total of sixteen downloads, I've started working on the next set of patches. They'll take a while.

Oh, and ES seems to work with The Network. I'm testing it now, and it hasn't crashed or gone insane just yet.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Elemental Shift is getting rewritten as an adventure extension. Hopefully this will:

1. Fix all, or nearly all, inter-mod compatability issues.
2. let me mess with things I otherwise wouldn't be able to.
3. let me throw out the constraints of the Stars of the Pilgrim storyline and try to make my own one.
4. Try to examine the impacts the pilgrim's trail of destruction through human space.

While I'm only just starting this now, and I expect it to take up to a year.....my current plan is to set the adventure in the D&O timeline, some time after the Pilgrim has left Human Space. All other details are up for grabs right now. The player will probably not be taking the same route as the Pilgrim though.

As a result of this, I'm canning all planned patches to the current version of ES, and it can be considered obsolescent for now.