[New Mod] Uncharted Released!

Post about your finished mods here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I looked at it, and got the crash, but dbglog isn't doing anything useful :(
I'll say it's a random crash. The system generated fine and nothing seemed to be wrong except for the Incandescent crash. I also noticed that you didn't have Sustain, does that mean you have NoPowers as well?
In any case, I've also recently updated Uncharted again, so please tell me if you encounter any bugs on that version.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
edwin
Anarchist
Anarchist

I didn't notice that I lacked powers. I never tried to use them in that game.

I am currently using the newest version. Amusingly I have found a link to St. Kits again very quickly - first system out. Haven't seen links to any other fixed systems though - including Rigel though I'm searching :) . Been afraid to test the bug. I do have powers in this game for sure.

So far so good. As an aside, the older versions seemed to provide an even distribution of stars for new beginning, st kit, ungoverned and outer realm. This latest version has presented me with quite an uneven distribution in my current game:

20/11/5/38.
edwin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sorry for another problem. Got suspicious at my lack of ability to find Rigel - Looks like a pair of unconnected stars:

Looks like Rigel is not connected, or more precisely Rigel is connected to a system called Randiiwessen (and vice versa), and both are not connected to anything else.

Also there was a save file error in the log – saving reference to object in another system – cmission. If I remember right, there was no problem in game play and it worked correctly.
Attachments
Debug.7z
debug log
(6.78 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ohh nice catch.
Apparently the code to connect nodes doesn't check to see if already connected to that system, so they accidentally got connected to each other instead of the rest of the cluster. I'll fix it later in the week (tomorrow I have a test :P )
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
storm366
Banned
Banned

I actually DID get Teratons (or at least Ansabi) on the first system past Eridani. Thank GOD there was a xenophobe fleet that destroyed two or three Ansabi stations that I quickly looted. I got a Dual Katana, Ansabi Positron Lance, a kaidan (i think like fussionfire or maybe thermo nuclear) howitzer, an Electrum 180 shield, and four pieces of Diamond Lattice armor, plus enough rin to buy out several Ringer Shipyards. Next system was Rigel, then St. Kat's where I found another xenophobe fleet pwning every thing in sight (yes the stations around st. Kat's are completely destroyed). So yeah, weird.
storm366> my mod wont work, can you help me?
NithrilDark> Did you set it to WUMBO?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's TX2/TSB and it's not even officially released yet.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can get my hands on a prerelease version of TX2 ?!
Where?
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
storm366
Banned
Banned

github. look for AzarWolf. or was it AvanWolf? It could be FluffyWolf. I just know I found it on github.
storm366> my mod wont work, can you help me?
NithrilDark> Did you set it to WUMBO?
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"Azan_Wolf" was the keyword that found it for me ^_^

No updates since July 11, 2012. Use at your own risk or something like that, and your mileage may vary.
https://github.com/AvanWolf/TheStarsBeyond
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Out of curiosity- what's the Big-O complexity of creating a game with n nodes per cluster? It seems to be more than O(n) but that may just be me.

(note: I am not asking you to try and speed it up- I realize that's probably more complicated and impossible than figuring out quantum mechanics :P)

[EDIT]

Hmm, bug report. It seems the stargate out of Heretic never appears around the outer planet. Can you confirm that this happens?
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shivan Hunter:
Notes on how I create the new System Map:
Big O notation:
set static data
set nil sets
creates <systemmap
creates clusters
connects within clusters
connects between clusters
ends <systemmap
I think I could speed it up if I didn't have to use lots of enums and for loops.

D:
Good find. Apparently the endgame stargate is a node o.O
I forgot that it existed >.< (Also, who would think that the last stargate actually be in the Topology?)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated at 173 downloads.
CHANGELOG:
-Changed Rigel to be Rigel Aurelius
-Eridani => Starton Eridani.
-added the Endgame node (who knew that the end of the game was a system?).
-added Elysium so that the Jumpdrive and Gem of Despair can be used.
-Added a Galaxy MapPER ROM, so that players can map nodes without going to them.

Also prevented nodes from being linked to each other only and not connected with the rest of the system. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Please report if it does, with the debuglog as well.

Have fun, and don't get lost! ;)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated at 249 downloads. Made mapping roms a lot more common. Also overrides the system map rom in this update as well.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This.... This is fun.
But either I'm missing something or a few of the gate links are a bit mixed up.
I've found the gates for both Rigel and St. Kats yet traveling through them dumps me in systems I've already explored, effectively trapping me in a cluster of about 10 stars around Eridani, Charon, and some other random places with no way to progress.

I've not changed the settings at all (I didn't even realise there were any until reading this thread :P )
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You can 'cheat' by checking your debuglog. I've made it so that the network is printed there in case stuff like that happens. Do you have the latest version? There was a *very* rare bug early on where gates would link to each other and make a closed loop. Hopefully I've fixed it. If not then post on this thread so I can fix it.