1.2 RC 2

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Took a look into UsefulItems.xml and found radioactive waste is level 4 and degenerating nanos are level 4. However the level 1 analyzer can only analyze items up to level 3.
The issue not being able to analyze unknown level 1 barrels because they (would) reveal to be either radioactive waste or degenerating nanos which both are level 4 is not a bug, but well doesnt make much sense to me.
Labeling those unknown barrels level 4 would be a 50% chance of guessing what it is. Is it really necessary to specify a level for an item type? If not why not remove that level 1 or 5 from unidentified stuff so it doesnt have a level.

EDIT: Two other things:

Im getting serveral warning messages from ships in fight some distance from me. I cant have hit them with my lasers or any other weapon - they are too far away. Did someone else observe this? EDIT: I didnt have any autons at that time.

The second one: The amount of ore and chance to find some has been worked on for this RC. I think this is the right balance between ore available and the ease of finding it. Really speeds up mining and makes it way more pleasant compared to earlier versions. Yet there is still more ore to be found than can be sold to one or two stations even with the freighter and mostly empty cargo hold.

EDIT: If the player "liberates" a settlement occupied by centauries and docks the players cargo hold isnt checked and illegal items arent confiscated. I vote for not a bug ;)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I was also bug testing when I got an unprovoked 'watch your targets!' plymessage:
unprovoked.png
unprovoked.png (85 KiB) Viewed 10736 times
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Dmitry
Anarchist
Anarchist

I had four barrels of regenerating nanos and shield enhancing ron right from the start. Should it be like that?
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If you start as a freighter, yes that's an intentional possibility.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i dont know if anyone else has come across this so far, but im a fan of the mark 3 howitzer cannon and i spent a bomb trying to get the dual howitzer custom from the tinker.
it works pretty cool, but i think the recoil might be a bit too much.. i was thinking two guns =two times the recoil, but it seems to bounce my ship about in a not so cool way.. also one other disappointment i came across. the mayakev blast enhancer that gives +50% to the mark 3 howitzer DOES NOT enhance the dual mark 3 howitzer.. i thought this was maybe the case with all custom weapons, but then i went ant got the omni x ray and it gets the full +75% with the laser collimator.. slight incongruity it would seem.
i very much would liketo see the blast enhancer work on the dual mark 3 as it is probably the best blast weapon you could get ingame. though now im reaching the part where blast weapons arent doing any good at all

this was on the 1.2 beta 4 so im not sure of these issues have been fixed or even looked at since then. been a bit out of touch but then i heard domina calling me tonight
Retard
Anarchist
Anarchist

Like RPC, I also had plenty (maybe like 5-10 over the course of 20 hours...) of unprovoked 'watch your targets!' plymessages. I guess they arent really unprovoked since they usually seemed to be happenning in zones likely to generate plenty of friendly fire ( as i discovered after investiguation, btw dynamic systems rocks).

Maybe if some awesome programmer had some free time one day he could make it so that the ship friendly-fired display a message like "watch your target (name of friendly-firing ship) >:( '' and then after 1 second the friendly firing ship could even reply ''oups sorry :/ '' provided the friendly-firing ship is still alive. ( this would help the player to know not to fear that one of his drones or whatever just blew up a station by accident)

...Just my 2 cents :D
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

durbanator wrote:the mayakev blast enhancer that gives +50% to the mark 3 howitzer DOES NOT enhance the dual mark 3 howitzer.. i thought this was maybe the case with all custom weapons, but then i went ant got the omni x ray and it gets the full +75% with the laser collimator.. slight incongruity it would seem.
The Makayev Blast Enhancer is guaranteed to work on all Makayev branded blast weaponry. Makayev Corporation makes no claims as to its applicability to some frankendevice you and your tinker friends slapped together.
Furthermore, Makayev Corporation accepts no liability in the event that the duct tape holding your abomination in one piece comes apart while you are staring at the wrong end of a Phobos. There is no warranty as void as yours this side of Heretic.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It would be nice if item attributes (i.e. "Makayev", etc) would also be shown in the ship configuration screen. They are currently only displayed at stations selling weapons, shields, devices, etc.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

kay.py wrote:
durbanator wrote:the mayakev blast enhancer that gives +50% to the mark 3 howitzer DOES NOT enhance the dual mark 3 howitzer.. i thought this was maybe the case with all custom weapons, but then i went ant got the omni x ray and it gets the full +75% with the laser collimator.. slight incongruity it would seem.
The Makayev Blast Enhancer is guaranteed to work on all Makayev branded blast weaponry. Makayev Corporation makes no claims as to its applicability to some frankendevice you and your tinker friends slapped together.
Furthermore, Makayev Corporation accepts no liability in the event that the duct tape holding your abomination in one piece comes apart while you are staring at the wrong end of a Phobos. There is no warranty as void as yours this side of Heretic.
Heh ! this is funny :)

also, yeah, the dual Mark III howitzer is not Makayev, so no enhancement.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

kay.py wrote:

durbanator wrote:
the mayakev blast enhancer that gives +50% to the mark 3 howitzer DOES NOT enhance the dual mark 3 howitzer.. i thought this was maybe the case with all custom weapons, but then i went ant got the omni x ray and it gets the full +75% with the laser collimator.. slight incongruity it would seem.

haha :D you sound like you could fit the role or a PR handling a lousy crowd ad a mayakev weapons expo or something

i guess adding a collimator to a laser might not be as difficult as adding a puddle of extra explosive blasting sludge to a howitzstein of a dual cannon.
though i must say it felt disheartening after you practically sell your life's worth of loot just to find those two mark 3 howitzers and then another mayakev enhancer, only to find that it doesnt give you that delicious +50% for cracking them bases open like eggs. i had to settle with using hexagene upgrades to get it to +120% or so before i finally got blasted to smithereens by the phobos.
mind you, i had that dual howitzer for most of the game, even managed tag a phobos once. had it all the way from st kats i think right up till the pre heretic system
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This RC generates a bit tough systems from time to time: Only very few stations and sometimes not even a chance to refuel.
Attachments
tough system.png
tough system.png (79.67 KiB) Viewed 10601 times
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Was the system after just as bad as that one? D:
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No, it was Rigel Aurelius :D

Maybe I just got an interesting random seed in this game.
I have never seen a charon stronhold placement like this before.

BTW: Is there any option to attach, but not display images? I feel the take up too much space in this thread - even cut and scaled down a bit.
Attachments
charon stronghold parade.png
charon stronghold parade.png (61.84 KiB) Viewed 10599 times
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

that's a pretty standard Jotunheim system. SOmetimes I get 2 systems in a row without any refuelling. But since it's pre-st.kath game, refuelling is not too difficult. :) Just remember to scavenge all the helium-3 fuel rods and maybe buy some just before leaving Eridani. :)
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Just upload the image to an external host (like dropbox) and paste in a link
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops