Adventure somewhat broken because of Huari image [solved]

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This is about my translation adventure
History:
I made a working adventure, everythings was fine.
I translated more stuff.
I removed the Image UNIDs within the files so I don't have to include the whole resource folder
Then the adventure was broken - Huari temple: unknown image:8020109
That's part of the UNID for the Huari Station.
There are two way to "fix" this: remove Huari.xml from the adventure itself or add the Image UNID again.

This results in a working adventure, but the flow text at the beginning is getting blury. I encountered this with the network before. Pixelfck had the same problem as I, as I read the comment in his files.

Edit: due to extensive debuging I found this:
Prolog1.jpg is neccesary, or else it results in a blurry flow text

Still no idea why this and the Huari UNID is required, but it is working smoothly.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Prolog1.jpg is indeed necessary, if you do not specify it for an adventure, you get a smeared out opening crawl text.
This happens because the game engine draws text over the background-image, then attempts to redraw the background and proceeds to draw the text at its slightly moved position. So, if it cannot find the background image resource, it just draws text at its slightly moved position and you get a smeared result.
The strange thing is that the engine does find the background image to draw the first time, it just can't find it any subsequent times, unless you specifically define the resource in your adventure. In other words, this is a bug.
Hope this explains it a bit.

Then, the Huari temple: unknown image:8020109 notice. This is definitely a bug. I've reported it at some point, but I do not think it was recognized for what it is.
There are some really unpredictable things going on around the Huari code... several different symptoms point to the fact that there is a something wrong at a deeper level in the codebase, as a result, bugs pop-up at unexpected points.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks for the explanation pixelfck!

I had problems with the huari code in the past due to double ID creation, George solved that for me.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

This happens because the game engine draws text over the background-image, then attempts to redraw the background and proceeds to draw the text at its slightly moved position. So, if it cannot find the background image resource, it just draws text at its slightly moved position and you get a smeared result.
This explains so much Pixel :D
I was always wondering why the background image was messed up in my adventures, now I'll do a bit more tinkering and see if I can get rid smears :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.