Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are several foreign explorer fleets in my territory which are listed as having 0 ships in them. Are these phantom fleets the remains of fleets that lost all their ships to attrition?
Miguk
Anarchist
Anarchist

It doesn't tell you the exact number, so I think those are just fleets with very few ships and it gets rounded down to 0.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

New players probably shouldn't be given capitals on worlds that were previously part of another empire. I abdicated and restarted, and my capital was placed on an old world of mine that had thousands of Eldritches on it and was rebelling.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When an enemy capital is captured, some of the worlds of the empire go with it. However, existing trade routes between the capital and worlds that go with it are broken, while routes to planets that did not transfer (that is, which still belong to the enemy) remain intact and can't be removed (trying to end the trade generates an error, even though nothing is being exchanged.)
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Zooming in on a fleet that is moving between worlds freezes the game (using the latest version of Firefox).
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I know that civil wars aren't supposed to end in rebel victory in less than a cycle, but this one started and ended in a couple of periods. Once I passed 100 worlds and switched to the Law & Order doctrine, I started having civil wars pop up on all sorts of random worlds. This one caused the planet to go into some sort of death spiral that resulted in almost everybody on the planet dying, even though it's a non-hostile environment. It also generated a couple of hundred messages about organic food shortages, which were not fun to clear away.
darkMATTER
Miner
Miner

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Image
Similar to the bug above mentioned by Watch TV, Do Nothing. I have regularly observed planets generate an error where they want to import/consume an insane amount of a particular resource for a number of watches (ie. wanting 1,xxx,xxx of hexacarbide or durable goods). The bug however easily wipes out all the resources a planet has been stockpiling - and is regularly causing my planets to go into rebellion. For example if a hexacarbide producing world is providing 10 planets with hexacarbide and this error occurs, all 10 planets now go without hexacarbide because one planet sucks it all up - and in turn causing all the industry all 10 planets to have to be reorganized to start generating hexacarbide (which then reduces the resources they designated to produce) - which then leads to a chain reaction of planets not getting enough resources. This error is pretty crippling at times when all planets are connected to trade routes and relying on each other for various resources.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

darkMATTER wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Image
Similar to the bug above mentioned by Watch TV, Do Nothing. I have regularly observed planets generate an error where they want to import/consume an insane amount of a particular resource for a number of watches (ie. wanting 1,xxx,xxx of hexacarbide or durable goods). The bug however easily wipes out all the resources a planet has been stockpiling - and is regularly causing my planets to go into rebellion. For example if a hexacarbide producing world is providing 10 planets with hexacarbide and this error occurs, all 10 planets now go without hexacarbide because one planet sucks it all up - and in turn causing all the industry all 10 planets to have to be reorganized to start generating hexacarbide (which then reduces the resources they designated to produce) - which then leads to a chain reaction of planets not getting enough resources. This error is pretty crippling at times when all planets are connected to trade routes and relying on each other for various resources.
I think this is actually the same bug- they want to import insane amounts of resources because they are trying to build insanely large quantities of other resources.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My ramjets don't seem to be able to pass from dark nebulas into bright nebulas. Is this intended behavior? (edit: fleets built in light nebulas won't pass into dark nebulas, either.)
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

Imperial might seems to be stuck at 100 permanently, however, the imperial might of others is visible. This also happens across different computers and browsers.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Your might will always be 100 and other players' might is given relative to you: a player with imperial might 26 has 26% of your imperial might.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can't access Anacreon; I'm getting the error message:
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:I can't access Anacreon; I'm getting the error message:
It has `.afile.` at the end.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Dorne wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:I can't access Anacreon; I'm getting the error message:
It has `.afile.` at the end.
Ugh. I'll take a look. I'm actually on vacation with very limited Internet, so it might take me a little while.

I'll update you guys as I figure it out.