Feeding Teraton multiples of raw materials

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

Simple suggestion would save a lot of the tedium of using the Teraton fabricator. But not a priority for steam release I suppose, since it takes new players quite a while after they start before they look into the Teraton.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There is a mod on xelerus which performs this function, look for it.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Say it with me, folks!

Just because a suggestion has been implemented as a mod, does not mean it can not or should not be suggested as a vanilla feature. The "it's a mod, get it." response is extremely unhelpful in suggestion threads as it curtails discussion and doesn't actually mean anything in terms of whether something should be added to the base game.

....with that out of the way......

Personally I consider the fabricator to be one of the worst mechanics in the game....an arcane mystery that's often gamebreaking when you know how to exploit it, but completely opaque (and potentially deadly) when you don't. But having to feed it individual items probably get tedious, so this sounds like a good thing to add to vanilla*.

*Along with, hopefully, an actually fun fabricator system at some point. But that's far harder to achieve.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My apologies, Shrike, I did not mean to imply that this feature should not be implemented in the base game, but merely intended to inform the poster that they could enjoy such functionality *now* instead of waiting for a feature update (which might not actually happen).
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When a game feature is arcane, it tends to conceal gamebreakers or power options. When I encountered the fabricator, I tried to find information on how it worked, first the forums and the wiki, and when that did not work, I read the xml. When I figured it out, I thought it is so overpowered that I would be stupid not to exploit it.

Since Transcendence is said to be like Nethack, and I have no patience for gotcha kills (due to ignorance) after spending days trying to learn and progress through the game, I consider so-called "spoilers" the instruction manual, because roguelikes base their difficulty on the assumption the player has complete and intimate encyclopedic knowledge of the game, which a beginner can only gain by reading all of the (potentially secret) documentation.

Before 1.1, my overall strategy was get to the fabricator as quickly as possible. The reward was so great that when I finished, I could play the rest of the game as an unstoppable demigod, and I like to play as an unstoppable demigod. The real challenge was getting to the fabricator.

Since 1.1, the fabricator is still very good, despite the nerfs; good enough that I still try to beeline for one as soon as possible.

Yes, there is a mod at Xelerus for feeding multiple items quickly, but it would be nice for features present in several UI enhancement mods at Xelerus to make it into the base game.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.