How to turn off white line stargate effect?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I like the white line stargate effect when you are gating between systems but sometimes it seems to go on for a long time.

Anyone know how to disable it except by changing graphics quality to minimum? Or cut it down to a certain length of time? It appears to run for a random length of time.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Even if you disabled the effect itself, it would still take just as long to load the next system. The length it runs isn't random, but it runs as long as is needed to load the system you're gating to. If you have a slow computer or run a lot of mods, that may be a factor in how long it takes.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The purple warp screen often gets stuck until I press a key. Now, after I gate, I jam on the [Space] bar to exit the warp screen. If this is how gating works, it should display a 'press any key to continue' hint.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:The purple warp screen often gets stuck until I press a key. Now, after I gate, I jam on the [Space] bar to exit the warp screen. If this is how gating works, it should display a 'press any key to continue' hint.
I've never encountered that problem - I think it must have something to do with a mod you're running.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It can happen without any mods if the system I am gating to is sufficiently large enough, such as St. K's. If I wait until the purple-white star grows to maximum size, it seems stuck until I press a key to continue. Thus, I jam on the space bar anytime I wait more than a second or two after gating.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:It can happen without any mods if the system I am gating to is sufficiently large enough, such as St. K's. If I wait until the purple-white star grows to maximum size, it seems stuck until I press a key to continue. Thus, I jam on the space bar anytime I wait more than a second or two after gating.
That must be a glitch then. Have you put it on ministry yet?

It's probably best to your system specs as well. It runs fine for me on Windows 7 and Windows 10, so if you're using a different OS then I'd include that in the report too.

Otherwise, I can't figure out what would be causing this. I've faced a delay from pressing the start button to getting the game to actually start, and heard some weapon effects before being shown the system, but that's the extent of it. Perhaps there should be a more defined transition from loading screen to gameplay?
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks, Xephyr. That explains it. I do have a slow computer and quite often run mods. Sometimes it takes about 5 seconds to get to the next system.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!