Monthly Mod Jam — February 2016

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm glad to see some life in the modding scene, especially as I've been absent from the community these past 18 months.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm now in the final stages of balancing and tweaking. There's a few visual glitches here and there, mostly caused by my HUD image being a little larger than the stock shield graphic was designed for...but eh, not that big a problem.

Edit: And done. Submitted via PM.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’m currently waiting on two submissions and a PM from PM. One of the submissions makes use of graphics he did for an armor HUD, and I want to get permission from him to clear that before I upload the finished product. I’m putting a deadline of March 4 — Friday — on receiving the last submissions, otherwise the compiled mod goes up without them. If I haven’t heard back from PM, I’m uploading without the submission in question, and will update it when and if I get the okay from PM.

EDIT: PM has given the green light. Now just waiting on the last two submissions.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The Monthly Mod Jam for 02/16 is officially over!

I’m reasonably pleased with the turnout we had for the first event. We wound up running a bit long, but what with this being the first edition and having no real build up to it, I expect everyone was kind of scrambling a bit. Me winding up spending three days at a convention right at the end of everything didn’t help with that, so a few days of overtime are a concession I’m willing to make.

I’d like to thank everyone who participated, and most especially Xephyr for helping me keep this thing running. You earned that deputy star, man.

The next event kicks off on March 15, 2016. I’m hoping to see everyone back, and hopefully a few new faces besides!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This definitely looked cool, and I love the way it brought some focus back to modding. Hopefully the week of March 15 doesn't leave me loaded down with work, and I'll be able to contribute something too next time!

Best of luck to all of the contestants.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A quick post to give credit where it is due.

Thanks to:
AP for such a great idea and all the help and the graphics (and xephyr for stepping up when needed).
PM for the armor HUD (from PSD6 mod).
Also Arkheias, PM, JBW, gunship256 (esp. the Playership mod (plus the writers of the other ship and playership mods)), xephyr and many more for code ideas.
George for a great game.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

relanat wrote:A quick post to give credit where it is due.
I know I've said this before, but thanks, relanat, for playing mods in the early development stages and offering specific, knowledgeable feedback. I'd like for balancing to be based less on guesswork and more on evidence, so it helps to have your perspective on how things can be changed.

I noticed that the mod jam ships can be downloaded from Xelerus now. In case some people haven't seen the link yet, here it is:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1512
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I guess it doesn’t really count as a mod if it doesn’t get at least one update to it somewhere along the lines, eh? Well, this one now qualifies since Astraltor sent me a new version of his playership to update the first MMJ with.