Mining Pack released! (collab with TransGeek)

Post about your finished mods here.
BienM
Miner
Miner

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Google drive link to the XML files that have been fixed with EditorRUS' fix.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks, downloaded the files. If I get spare time, I might examine them later as see what needs work.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have begun work updating this for 1.7 alpha. I do not know if or when I will finish.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Progress report: I have updated most of the code to 1.7. While minor stuff has remained largely unchanged, some items like the asteroid scanner and packer autons were mostly rewritten and barely recognizable under the hood.

I have the refinery device and mining station override left to work on. Will probably finish later this week and have something to upload.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just a quick note that work has been delayed. The Mining Pack update for 1.7 is almost done. Just a few minor features I need to restore and other finishing touches. Much of the code has been mutilated and rewritten for the update. There will be no save compatibility with the update I am working on.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded a modified version of Mining Pack v1.04 that should work in 1.7 alpha to Xelerus.

Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:42 pm
Uploaded a modified version of Mining Pack v1.04 that should work in 1.7 alpha to Xelerus.
Oh my god, I never thought I'd see this still usable today, how many years has it been?! Thanks, PM, for updating it.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Amariithynar wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am
PM wrote:
Oh my god, I never thought I'd see this still usable today, how many years has it been?! Thanks, PM, for updating it.
Bit off topic, but I could say the same about you. :P

Nice to see you around again. :)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

PM wrote:
Some really cool stuff in here. I was excited by the ICX-mining laser turret all-in-one device; the readme states "Automatically targets ore bearing asteroids", but turns out it fires at everything, which can lead to pissed off stations that happen to be near asteroids. DAMHIK. :\

I kind of expected it to dovetail with the ore scanners and only target rocks that show as ore-bearing, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps a conflict with the DrakeTech mining items? Can the device be adjusted to only shoot at ore-bearing rocks?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All I did to the ICX miners is change some numbers to rebalance it. Normal ICX does not have a friendly fire check, and modder needs to add that feature in.

DrakeTech does not overwrite anything, and there should be no conflict.

Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Shrike wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm
Amariithynar wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am
PM wrote:
Bit off topic, but I could say the same about you. :P

Nice to see you around again. :)
It's good to be back. I've still been playing off and on over the years, but it's been what, three since I last was on the forums?
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm
All I did to the ICX miners is change some numbers to rebalance it. Normal ICX does not have a friendly fire check, and modder needs to add that feature in.

Is there any way the ICX can be made to only fire at actual asteroids that hold ore? It firing at everything under the sun makes it unusable due to the annoying sound spam unfortunately.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Amariithynar wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am
PM wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Is there any way the ICX can be made to only fire at actual asteroids that hold ore? It firing at everything under the sun makes it unusable due to the annoying sound spam unfortunately.
There are firing criteria for point defense systems that might help. But I don't think they were ever documented.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Have you tinkered with the JAMCorp scanner/all-in-one smelter thing, so they no longer get upgrade options from the mining colonies like they're supposed to, PM? The options aren't there when I have them equipped?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Amariithynar wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 pm
Have you tinkered with the JAMCorp scanner/all-in-one smelter thing, so they no longer get upgrade options from the mining colonies like they're supposed to, PM? The options aren't there when I have them equipped?
At the time I updated the mod, everything that had "MiningEquipment" attribute was sold at mining stations, including the upgrade options, much like all reactors sold at the time. You just had to buy it from them like any other item. Since then, that changed so that not everything may be sold. I have not yet updated the mod since to fix such issues.

I will need to update it sometime, with 1.8 armor rebalance on the way, but it will be a while before I get back to that.