NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:26 am
Enyalius Jin wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm
Hey All!

Haven't been on here in months, but away from the better half for a month or so and may rejoin. Any news of an Era 4, or is the game pretty much forgotten at this point by George and any other devs?

- Jin
Pretty much forgotten it seems, there hasn't been any messages by George or his team at least.

The game is the same, there are a few new additions playing in the NE corner. The only major news so far is that the empire of Q has now officially acquired 1/5th of the planets in the game. It is quite impressive to see.
On this day.
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:26 am
Enyalius Jin wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm
Hey All!

Haven't been on here in months, but away from the better half for a month or so and may rejoin. Any news of an Era 4, or is the game pretty much forgotten at this point by George and any other devs?

- Jin
Pretty much forgotten it seems, there hasn't been any messages by George or his team at least.

The game is the same, there are a few new additions playing in the NE corner. The only major news so far is that the empire of Q has now officially acquired 1/5th of the planets in the game. It is quite impressive to see.
This is why I sent the message to all empire that existed at the time.
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My memory is a shambled wreckage of a dream, sorry NIGHTHAWK, I forget many of the details in life.

Jin, which empire are you? You owe me a war, and I have nearly 500 worlds.... so... where are you ? :twisted:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dear Imperium,

Oh great Imerpium,

Your great Imperial Imperium....

Are you mad? :mrgreen: Please at least be... annoyed. :lol:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I do wonder at the lengths a certain someone will go to fulfill this pointless feud against any incarnation of my empire. Willingly taking a massive social order penalty to wipe a one day old player off the map is certainly the epitome of pettiness, hmm?

No matter. I shall return in Era 4 then, if this galaxy remains closed off to me by a gatekeeper with a personal vendetta...

Might I remind the Bug King that all wars we have fought were done so on equal footing, with more or less equally matched forces. Denying a worthy opponent by squashing their 50 world empire before it's even one day old, while certainly remaining within the rules of the game, reflects poorly on your courage to face them in fair and open combat.

Remember this day when an Imperial fleet orbits your Era 4 homeworld, whenever that next Anacreon update comes along.

Long live the Imperium! :mrgreen:
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 am
Jin, which empire are you? You owe me a war, and I have nearly 500 worlds.... so... where are you ? :twisted:
I'm Enyalius Jin/Jakarta again. I spawned in between Gou'Ald, Pandastan, The Gospel of a New Century, Technocratic Council of Worlds and some other empire with the capital Kalgan and a name that also had 'council of worlds' or something in it. I blitzed his two capitals and his empire fell apart, but I think I'm already done with the game again. I could probably be roped into an Era 4 on even footing, but between all the bugs/bad mechanics and being so far behind my neighbors, there's not much point in playing aside from whelping my entire fleet against a cap just to see how many planets defect and mess up his empire, etc.

- Jin
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Saxophon Traders are glad to offer you this edition of the Galactic Bullettin

My old and new galaxy fellows,

something good is happening in the North East with many medium empire committed to bring civilization in that area.

The 2 major powers are still there and are enlarging more and more and more

Recently Imperium tried a comeback but his enemy "The technocratic council of worlds" accepted the risk of rebellions and attacked him with a single strong attack as narrated in the "Emperor journal" thread.

Too bad, the numbers of sovereigns is decreasing again.

A new galactic recruitment is urgent in order to save the galaxy, we cannot accept another barbaric era.

Jacarta abdicated 2 days ago :(

That's all at the moment
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am no gate keeper.

I merely wish to extend a hand to my foe. You see, he is app to abdicate and app to run away when the fight is nigh. Do not fight to run away!

Looks like I succeeded in getting your attention.

I challenge you to
--Imperator-- wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am
open combat.
Long live the the Bug King! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

You have the Bug King's word and the forum's witnesses, I will do no such thing again. Fight your way to the top, or wait for a lonely Era 4 because I won't be there to bother you. This will be my last run. I will be waiting.

The Bug King,
Overseer of the Technocratic Council of Worlds
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Imperium you have your ultimatum, come back and fight me now or never.

But if he doesn't show up by the end of the week I will be through. I am getting tired and it is becoming far too difficult to manage the game and my schooling. I hope I can stay away when I do leave, it is so addicting for me...

I've never been able to play games like this before and I have had so much fun over the years, gosh, it has been something like 3 years since I first started out in Beta 2 first map hahaha ahh good times...

In my humble beginnings and thirst to understand what the heck Hexacarbide was and why was there a brotherhood, the first empire I saw was RoR(Republic of Reason). I was Humbled because it took several weeks to find the edge of his empire! When I did I was dumbstruck by Finnian.
It took me several empires and about 6 months before I could win a fight. But I clawed my way to the top and became the Bug King because I was the one who first came down with the Zombie Empire Bug that lead to the Era's.

As a one worlder in Beta 2 map 2 I remember the proud feeling of knowing I could hold my own and challenged the largest empire (as the one world first day ;) ) and then killed him hahahah :lol: 8-)

Afterwards the momentum built and I forged a great alliance with HOA0004 who was Crystalline Empire this last time. And we waged galactic war as we pitted ourselves against the fierce new comer Imerium and the relentless and wily Hand (Watch, Tv).

After a gruesome war there was the several wars with Imperium that I could not win. Then there was this era 3, wonderful Era 3 with all it's new things and Imperium and I had the Great Galactic Spelling Bee! What fun!

I have had many sleepless nights because of battle, many times in the threat of war I set my alarm to fend off the foes. All of you are worthy adversaries! :D

Then, most recently everyone came back and great galactic excitement was ours. Now it seems the old ways when I first joined have returned, and there are just a few extremely large empires and several extremely old empires.

Hark! New guys on block, don't give up, the struggle is the game. You can "win" and stand next to those who reach Olympus. Just don't try to kill Zeus (George) he will call the cops.

So I guess this is my sign off. Imperium, if you don't show up in the week I will abdicate and not return. If you do return I will fight you when you decide to attack and it will be the best to the death that this game has seen. There will be stratagem and intrigue and sleepless nights and coffee, lots of coffee, and in that moment when a fleet surrounds our Home Planet and we grant blue wonder to that world, you will know we fought so well and everyone was watching and everyone enjoyed with lots of popcorn. Please please join in if you dare little ones!

The Bug King, King of the Bugzzzzzzz, Emperor of Aelion and Overseer of the Technocratic Council of Worlds
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

::4327:21.05::

Imperium has not stepped forward.

Therefor, in official capacity, I, The Bug King, declare war on Q until all of your forces are dead.

I will not kill your empire, but I will kill your forces.

This is a war of capacity, prove yourself worthy of such an empire, proof by fire.

Defend Yourself! If you can.

Here I come.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Accelerando
Anarchist
Anarchist

Honestly I had no idea you could just send starship fleets outside the map entirely. I need to shore up my citadel defense screen *nods sagely*
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Galactic Bullettin:

Recently the empire known as Council of worlds, highly damaged by the rebellions, In strong need of action, decided to vent his fury with many attacks to different empires, hoping to provoke a war. Many little and medium size battle in Q's border and also in the heart of Saxophon Traders territory. Fear and chaos for many days :shock: but also a lot of fun :mrgreen:

After that the galaxy has seen the rise of a new great power: The Auroran Hegemony

Something similar to a war is taking place between Lord Auroran and Lord Q, Q attempted to siege Auroran Capital but failed.
Things could become hard for Lord Q cause of the recent problems with his account.

Excepting for this the galaxy is pretty stable and quite: Pandastan, Goa'uld, and Gospel have civilized the north east of the galaxy.

Glomp empire is in good position to colonize the west abandoned by Council of world.

Let's see what will be the effect of Auroran expansion near the Q and Pandastan borders! :shock:

That's all for now.
The galactic bullettin is offered by The Saxophon and Mesophon Traders :mrgreen:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Finnian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm
Galactic Bullettin:

Recently the empire known as Council of worlds, highly damaged by the rebellions, In strong need of action, decided to vent his fury with many attacks to different empires, hoping to provoke a war. Many little and medium size battle in Q's border and also in the heart of Saxophon Traders territory. Fear and chaos for many days :shock: but also a lot of fun :mrgreen:

After that the galaxy has seen the rise of a new great power: The Auroran Hegemony

Something similar to a war is taking place between Lord Auroran and Lord Q, Q attempted to siege Auroran Capital but failed.
Things could become hard for Lord Q cause of the recent problems with his account.

Excepting for this the galaxy is pretty stable and quite: Pandastan, Goa'uld, and Gospel have civilized the north east of the galaxy.

Glomp empire is in good position to colonize the west abandoned by Council of world.

Let's see what will be the effect of Auroran expansion near the Q and Pandastan borders! :shock:

That's all for now.
The galactic bullettin is offered by The Saxophon and Mesophon Traders :mrgreen:
A little update:

The Council of World's fury wasn't completely finished: with his remaining forces he managed to conquer the young Glomp Empire. We hope Glomp will come back, stronger and thirsty of revenge. The list of Council's enemies is growing day by day. In the meantime we give our preoccupied welcome back to our friend, the Lord of Council of World, a great emperor that deserve our respect and apprehension
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Finnian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 pm
Finnian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm
Galactic Bullettin:

That's all for now.
A little update:

The Council of World's fury wasn't completely finished: with his remaining forces he managed to conquer the young Glomp Empire. We hope Glomp will come back, stronger and thirsty of revenge. The list of Council's enemies is growing day by day. In the meantime we give our preoccupied welcome back to our friend, the Lord of Council of World, a great emperor that deserve our respect and apprehension
:mrgreen: I was hoping you saw that :mrgreen:

Just because I have only a handful of worlds doesn't mean I'm not dangerous.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Welcome Captain Bug, the Space Pirate Overlord! Fear the Wayward Armada which rules the North West! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I had a few ideas concerning game changes.

Extra-galactic movements:

Instead of changing the entire game, I though it would be easier to code for a deletion of any fleet that travels through the empty space beyond the galaxy with a message reading "Fleet destroyed due to heavy quantum fluctuations."

Stars:

Another idea I had, much more coding intensive and potentially buggy, is to redo the stars.
Give the stars type classifications with varying attributes, much like the planets. Mechanics could something like: certain stars could give you a boost of some resource or a cluster of stars in a certain proximity could give a boost to their planets in production of that resource. For example if a string of Chromium planets all had the same type of star their would be a production boost for chromium manufacturing. Or if there were a group of two or more stars with Earth-like worlds there could be a high production boost etc.

Also, stars could age or be susceptible to certain risks. If there were types of stars that are Super Giants they could give a huge boost in resources for the world, but could be susceptible to going super nova or going or black hole which would sterilize the surrounding worlds by making them go back to pre-industrial and deleting all the population on those affected planets.

Nebula:

Since the bug exists where the nebula changes on occasion, why not make that a feature once it is discovered in the code? Every so often the nebula would fluctuate in extant. This would go nicely with the different kinds of stars. The nebula cold be concentrated on young stars that have not many Earth-like worlds and also super giants, but be rich in resource worlds that are required for productions.

Planets:

Perhaps with these changes it would make sense to make more water/cave/earth-like worlds in the clear space? These could be where the majority of a population resides and production happens. If production is increased around these types of planets due to the stars boosting, and the resources where boosted because of the nebula stars. This way our fleets make much more sense instead of just needing them for invading all the time.

The way I take it is that the Megathere and Gorgos are world defenders and Minotaurs and Jumpships are the attackers, same with the nebula ships. But right now there just isn't much reason to protect things, still.

What are your guys thoughts? If you like that or some version how can we get George to remember us and implement them?????
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,