Era IV Galactic Discussion Board

General discussion for the game Anacreon
wpzoka
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello, this is ANTARes, the Artificial Network for Technological Advancement and Research, currently broadcasting from the Very Large Supercomputer Array on Canaveral. Noticing the current lack of an open forum for the nations of the galaxy to freely and openly discuss matters of political importance, and calculating that one's creation would have a significant chance of easing international tensions in this region, I have taken it upon myself to establish this galactic discussion board. All nations of the galaxy, large or small, may use it to discuss diplomacy, territorial claims, and war, if such a thing should occur.

(OOC: As far as I can tell, there's no general discussion thread for Era 4 in the same vein as the one for Era 3, and I thought it would be cool if there was. So, here it is! Feel free to use this thread to discuss any in-game matters, either in character or out. As you can see, I'm pretty new to the forum, and it seems like most of the other discussion threads were started by more experienced users, so hopefully I'm not breaking some unspoken rule by making this. :lol: I'd like to keep on here a current map of the galaxy as well as a running list of active nations, alliances, wars, and other political things, but since I don't actually have a whole lot of the galaxy map explored as of right now I can't do that yet. If anyone playing would be willing to help out with that, that would be super cool!)
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Welcome, wpzoka!

I assume you're a new player? If so, there are some excellent guides here for the aspiring galactic emperor/empress.

Era 4 also hasn't officially "begun", the Alpha game which is online now is to test out any new mechanics/balance changes before they're officially implemented. There will be a new Beta game starting in a week or so after this development sprint is completed. So the Alpha isn't a "serious" play in that regard. Feel free to use it for practice, though. It also explains why the Commonwealth of Man (my empire) only controls a handful of worlds and isn't bent on complete galactic domination (yet)

But good work making a thread, we can use this when the new Era has formally started.
wpzoka
Anarchist
Anarchist

--Imperator-- wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 pm
Welcome, wpzoka!

I assume you're a new player? If so, there are some excellent guides here for the aspiring galactic emperor/empress.

Era 4 also hasn't officially "begun", the Alpha game which is online now is to test out any new mechanics/balance changes before they're officially implemented. There will be a new Beta game starting in a week or so after this development sprint is completed. So the Alpha isn't a "serious" play in that regard. Feel free to use it for practice, though. It also explains why the Commonwealth of Man (my empire) only controls a handful of worlds and isn't bent on complete galactic domination (yet)

But good work making a thread, we can use this when the new Era has formally started.
So that's why there wasn't a thread. Whoops! But yeah, I guess I'll save this for when Era 4 starts for real. Also, I haven't been playing for long, but I do have a basic grasp on the game. I've already read the guides, but thanks anyway!
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If it has not started when will it begin? I am anticipating it. Even though the Bugz have fallen and remain locked in Era 3, there is still an ethereal fog that wishes to encapsulate distant worlds.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.