Weapons Lab Beta being updated

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is a great mod by sdw195. The ability to create custom weapons and point-defense devices is excellent and the component images are great. I've updated it to work in 1.8b4 now 1.8, but it is not entirely free of bugs yet. Some PD devices have recoil which is a laugh! Feel free to play around with it.

The station frequency is set to common in systems up to level 9 so there are way too many but that's just for testing. There is a station in Eridani with the playership right next to it at game start. A few additional components are available at shipyards and arms dealers.

The PD devices use a couple of great images by Vizth. See the xelerus "Weapon Icons" mod.

EDIT: New version attached 12 Mar 19. Works in EP now. Needs game version 1.8.
Attachments
UpdatedWeaponLabs 51.zip
(309.53 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Last edited by relanat on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Is this the mod that let you make guns that shoot rapidfire five-way thermo spreads or Shatter rings? If so, it's pretty cool, but balanced it ain't! :D
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yep. That's the one. sdw195 deserves a medal for it. It must have taken a while.
The weapons are great and I might end up using the PD device code in a mining gear mod.
The Lone Badger
Anarchist
Anarchist

Derakon wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 am
Is this the mod that let you make guns that shoot rapidfire five-way thermo spreads or Shatter rings? If so, it's pretty cool, but balanced it ain't! :D
Pretty much the only limitation on Labs weapons is how many MW you can feed them.
Hellcommander
Anarchist
Anarchist

Unfortunately it seems to break Eternity Port's start (makes it so the npc that that is meant to repair your ship at the start doesn't come).
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks for letting me know, Hellcommander. I hadn't even tried the mod in EP. I'll look into it the next time I work on the mod.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fixed the EP bug. Moving the playership to the Weapons Lab docking port messed up the EP start code.
The Weapons Lab in the starting system now gets created either 60 ls east of the start point for SOTP and CC or 60 ls east of the UAS Shipyard Kibo in EP. You have to travel there yourself now!

New version attached to the OP.
Works in SOTP, CC and EP.
Now requires either 1.8.1 or 1.8b5.2 (API 44).