Where to find advanced Luminous equipment in EP?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

[Not a pure beginner's question; minor spoilers below]

It looks like other players are using Luminous launchers and shrouds in EP but I don't know where to find them. I've completed the Luminous storyline a couple times now but have never seen these items in one of my games.

Also, if you do manage to get a launcher, how do you get enough ammo? I've only seen a few Luminous missiles at vendors and my EP games haven't spawned any fabricators.

Thanks in advance.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Aside from looting from Luminous, high level Luminous items could be found in Teraton stations since they can sell NotForSale items. Fabricator to make the items would be an obvious choice, but lack of high-level systems in Eternity Port means it is unlikely to spawn.

Low-level equipment like the Luminous laser seems like one-off enemy stuff, like chimera weapons in Corporate Command or Slicer's PM6. Not worth planning around.

Hunter-killers have the launcher, but they only appear in the final system (not counting Lilith).

The launcher periodically converts ore in your cargo hold into missiles, helium-regolith for thermo missiles and pteracnium for plasma missiles.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

besides, the shroud is broken, at max upped lvl (after 7 or so collapses) the sheild regen of 50 jams at every 100 points or so, of the 900+ total.... your better of whit regular sheilds.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It is a side-effect of how shields regenerate. At 16.7 hp/sec, it actually regenerates 30 hp/sec for a while, stop, resume at 30 hp/sec, stop, and so on.

Starting at one of the 1.08 letters, shields were changed to always regenerate one hp (for those that regenerate no more than 30 hp/sec) at the soonest appropriate tick. If the rate does not sync up perfectly with the ticks, you get go-stop-go-stop regeneration. In general, if shields uses rates that are not possible with weapons, they get go-stop regeneration, and it is at its worst at values slightly above 15 hp/sec.

Armor with some regeneration values regenerate go-stop like shields.

I do not like shields regenerating go-stop. It really messes with expected timings. It should regenerate like in early pre-1.08 versions of Transcendence, where it regenerates chunks at a steady rate. Armor should also get rid of the go-stop behavior.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Naturally, I found three Shrouds at a single Luminous Assembler shortly after posting this, lol.

Is there an open Ministry ticket for the go-stop regeneration of armor and shields?
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Alandra wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:11 am
Is there an open Ministry ticket for the go-stop regeneration of armor and shields?
No, or at least none that I know of.

Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Starting at one of the 1.08 letters, shields were changed to always regenerate one hp (for those that regenerate no more than 30 hp/sec) at the soonest appropriate tick. If the rate does not sync up perfectly with the ticks, you get go-stop-go-stop regeneration. In general, if shields uses rates that are not possible with weapons, they get go-stop regeneration, and it is at its worst at values slightly above 15 hp/sec.

I do not know how these ticks work, but i have these ''stops'' for over 10sec real live time, this amasses to 100 sheild points and than stops for like 10 sec, which is no where near good enough for a combat situation.

It seems to me that the shroud and others like lazarus(900MW LoL) sheilds do not work as intended. Even worse the 17.7 regen of the B-700 sheild is the max that actually works as expected, this however, is an anti-thermo sheild, something i dont use often.

Therefore i go for the buffer style of things even tryed omsk, but so far the ares dreadnought type ''khalidum''?? or something'' sheild works best for me.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ticks are either frames or twice that. Game runs at 30 frames per second.

Shields have a recovery time (after they go down to zero hp) separate from regeneration. Default recovery is twelve seconds. Lazarus, with 80% faster recovery, recovers in 2.4 seconds. What often happens with Lazarus it gets depleted (because max hp is low), then player waits for recovery, then shield regenerates in less than a second after it recovers.

17.7 regen of that other shield will suffer go-stop regeneration heavily.

Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Shields have a recovery time (after they go down to zero hp) separate from regeneration.
yes i know, that was not what i ment to communicate however. lets say your sheild from full hp pool drop s during combat to 200, it regenerates to 300 at 50regen speed(is 2 ticks? or 2sec?). Than it waits at 300 for about 10sec (not recovery time but real live time). After that it regens to 400 real quick againg, and waits yet againg 10sec or so...... ect ect.
PM wrote:

Lazarus, with 80% faster recovery, recovers in 2.4 seconds. What often happens with Lazarus it gets depleted (because max hp is low), then player waits for recovery, then shield regenerates in less than a second after it recovers.
yes indeed, very annoying, altho if my assumptions are correct it would be a very nice shield if it could work as intended....

PM wrote:

17.7 regen of that other shield will suffer go-stop regeneration heavily.
I took it as an example because it dint have the ''go-stop'' behaviour. At least not for me, maybe i should try it out in 1.8beta5 tho, it has been a while since i used that sheild, so u could be right about it.