Crash in CGameSession::OnAnimate

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm trying to track down a crash after the player is killed. So far, it looks like it only happens when the player has insurance, but I have not been able to reproduce it.

If anyone has any more information on this crash (e.g., how they died, etc.), then please post it here.

Here are the relevant crash dumps:

http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=85647
http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=85670

Thanks!
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I had this happen when killed accidentally by Anton Nasser while insured. I was flying a Manticore in version 1.8b4 with no mods running besides CC.

I haven't been able to repeat this crash. I created similar circumstances in 1.8b5, intentionally getting killed by Anton Nasser while insured, this time in a Constellation, but there was no crash nor any debug code. I was simply resurrected by the insurance ship.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Haven't been able to cause a crash.
Tried getting insurance in one system and dying in another.
Also getting insurance in one system, getting radioactive in another system then gating and dying from radiation in a third system.
Tried dying in the Arena as well but the number of permutations there is fairly high so only limited testing.
Also died and resurrected during the Penitent ship mission.

Long shots.
There is a mix of objGetGlobalData, typGetGlobalData, typIncGlobalData and typGetData in the code. It all seems to be cooperating though.

Maybe some sort of error involving (@ options 'portObj) in rpgRestorePlayer? That code is fairly new. Does this code always have access to the system objects when it selects a station to resurrect near?

RPGPlayer.xml uses (rpgRestorePlayer) in <OnGlobalUniverseLoad>. Does this need to be (rpgRestorePlayer Nil) to handle the 'options' code section?

Or it might be something to do with setting player achievements on resurrecting. Something in there might need a nodeID.

Maybe Kate triggers it somehow if she resurrects? 'lastNodeID' or something.
The <Events> code in &unidKateMorgental; seems to fire an OnDestroy event from within the same OnDestroy event (but that code is too complex for me).
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fixed in 1.8.2.
I double checked and doing what I did in 1.8.1 just resurrects the player instead of crashing.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!