End of Era 5

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've hit the end of Era 5, and sadly I didn't get as much done as I wanted. But I did fix a bunch of critical bugs and I spent some time adding diagnostics and debugging code that will help for future eras. Thanks to everyone who submitted bugs and feedback.

I've created a new Era 5 scenario. This is the same Fallen Worlds scenario as previous releases, but obviously with different randomized terrain.

The list of fixes for Era 5 is here: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... sed&tag=12

I plan on spending another few weeks on Anacreon (Era 6) towards the end of the year.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It looks like the new scenario is uh, pretty broken

Most planet names are "null", and I can't interact with my planet either.
null.png
null.png (719.22 KiB) Viewed 11539 times
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Definitely some kind of corruption going on. I've taken the server offline while I investigate.

Sorry about the problems.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I had to delete the Era 5 game. There was too much corruption.

I started a new game, which people can join. But I haven't figured out the root cause, so the problem might happen again. I've added a bunch of debug code, so hopefully I'll now more the next time it happens.
Nova Andromeda
Anarchist
Anarchist

george moromisato wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:17 am
Definitely some kind of corruption going on. I've taken the server offline while I investigate.

Sorry about the problems.
Progress almost always involves broken stuff :). Thanks fixing the many small fleet combat exploit! I still noticed some other things:
- Even though I leave luxuries on new planets, they still complain about not having any when going to biotech.
- I still had 1 case of a underground world supplying consumer goods to a trade hub while its population starved.
- Setting orbits doesn't work for me. It takes hold for a second or so then resumes flying into range of planet defenses (despite out ranging those defenses). Is this by design? I'd prefer a mechanism where shorter range just means less effective and not 'cannot target' as the current method of running from combat multiple times seems like an unnecessary activity.
- I also saw the null name planets. I had no problems with them.
- There were two places on the map with cloned earth like worlds in a line.

I'm still looking forward to a scenario where everyone fights a big bad empire.

[Edit - 01]
- I knew the other game was too good to be true! My start was amazing! That being said, I think the planet density was far greater. Maybe that had something to do with the corruption??
[Edit - 02]
- On the luxuries complaint message, is it possible that consumer planets export luxuries even when they aren't producing/using them (due to tech level) or even when they need them?
[Edit - 03]
- There is at least 1 vertical black line running across the map display. It appears to change location when the map is moved. I have not identified why it appears in 1 place and not another.
- It appears one cannot sell more than one resource type to the Mesophon traders when creating a 'sell to' link from my capital planet. The error it gives is "You have no other resource types to sell. ...."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is a weird bug where the number of space forces on your worlds are incorrectly reported.
  • Only happens on your planets
  • Only happens when you have a fleet at that planet (but not transferred onto the world) and there is also an enemy fleet at the same planet
  • Resets on each update
Each time you press attack, then cancel, the number of space forces is incremented by the number of space forces of your fleet.

If your planet had 5000 sf, and your fleet had 1000 sf, when you press attack, it will report 6000 sf. If you cancel, then press attack again, this time it will report 7000 sf , and next time 8000 sf and so on.