1.9 Alpha 1

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've just uploaded the first alpha release of the 1.9 stream:

https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TranscendenceNext.zip

This is mostly a bug-fix plus API release, but I've also added a few features:
1. Ferians have a basic mission (dock and try it out)
2. Changes to the dock services screen
3. Improvements to UI for enhancing items and repairing armor
4. Revenge mission if a Commonwealth station is destroyed by an enemy.
5. Added Helgoland to CC (thanks to Song).

Please try it out and let me know what bugs you find.

Bug fixes: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... ed&tag=114
API 45: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=86399
TransData 3.3.22: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TransData.zip
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Thanks george!
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I saw the new Ares shipyard image in the git version. Looks awesome. I don't know how you do it!
And, for info, it looks like EP got an update as well.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I LOVE these new Images and the fact that the game has come so far.....I would not be shocked if we can get a VR version for those that have that fancy computer stuff :)

No cup holders in my ship ..... still got o hold it in my lap while I dodge hostiles.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Nice !

Gonna do a run right now!

Lets see if that red flashy armor thingy has been fixet ^^
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The one new feature I noticed most was EMP. With stacking gone, all of the mod weapons that relied on many, weak hits to stack EMP are worthless. Time to redesign or retire several EMP weapons that I made up.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The new station images are cool.

The new screen system for dock services is quite nice. I miss using the "tab" key to move between screens; can that be put back in?

The new system for weapon upgrades (ion power, particle source, etc) is much better.

Bugs:

There is a bug where ROMS that have already been used or analyzed will appear again as unidentified.

There is an old CC bug still present, where a Rasiermesser factory may never appear, in which case Dvalin cannot be found. This was especially disappointing when I was hoping to get an omni ion9 for the Helgoland.

Also, this error text happened, though I'm not sure what it refers to:

Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Alandra wrote:There is a bug where ROMS that have already been used or analyzed will appear again as unidentified.
 Actually, not a bug! Unidentified items can have multiple unidentified incarnations, now; just because you’ve identified one version doesn’t mean you’ve identified all of them. A map ROM can be a ROM with no label, a ROM labeled “B44DF00D”, and a ROM labeled “NeuroHack v2.38b” for instance.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Excellent. The new tabs are great. And there is more room in the dockscreens as well. Nice.
Possibly the PgUp/PgDn keys could be left in there. They are handy.

Note to modders: the dockscreen background images are now 1280 x 624, up from 1280 x 528. If you use a custom background image the older smaller size may mess up the appearance of the Tab displays.

And because neither git nor the forum will let me, can someone let giantcabbage know that the rpgInstallDevicePrep commit might need 'escapeQuotes on the item name if it isn't already in there! I haven't had time to check. Done.
Last edited by relanat on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
soniroy
Anarchist
Anarchist

Great Information :)
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

I just run the new game a few days ago. New Ares shipyard looks great! Also, the new mission on Ferian Colony also good, I hope George consider more about adding another reward like Plasma Torch or maybe Plasma Cannon in higher mission if possible to make the mission more variation into it. +More variation in Black Market mission also great if George approves that.

Somethings that may be needed to be fixed:
+I was wondering if I can level up my rank in Black Market by Buying and Selling Continuously at the same station. Just dock, buy, sell, undock, and repeat.

And oh boy it works. :lol:

+Also it's kinda weird that in Charon system you have Korolov station but without or only one ally station nearby. Maybe adding some allied stations or one that guaranteed could fix that.
purvishah
Anarchist
Anarchist

Great Information :)
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Amteloletom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 am

+ Charon system you have Korolov station but without or only one ally station nearby.
It's a Pirate system !
Dock what that Korolev station and talk to the folks to get the stoyline rolling, gl !
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Played a full game (without Corporate Command) almost a week ago. It has been at least a year since I stopped to play a full game. I picked Wolfen as usual. Highlights.

Penitents attacking Fiona in Eridani were hard to kill. They just soak Smartcannon rounds and Stilettos without slowing down. Eventually, they went down before the EI7000 died, but the latter vented gas, which is clear sign of hull damage.

I mined early. If there are deposits, mining can be worth it.

Molotok at Rigel is much better. No more two-shot kill from unavoidable Dragonfly.

Screwed-up badly at Korolov. See "most memorable event" near the end of the post. I managed to save Korolov at Charon and get level 5 weapon as a reward. (But their survival would not last because I wanted them dead for... petty reasons. Later, every Korolov was destroyed indirectly by my hand.)

Did not find targeting ROM from shops. (Actually, I missed a station that had one.) Had to order it from trading post. Of course, even if I found one early, I still needed another after switching from Wolfen to Minotaur. There needs to be a higher-level item that provides targeting and enhanced visual if the low-level items do not spawn.

Speaking of ROMs, I find multiple unknowns, while maybe more realistic, is more annoying. (I am tempted to revert multiple unknowns in my mods back to single unknown.)

It takes many more slaves to max Domina powers. Still gave mostly slaves to get all powers. It just took more of them to get there.

Eventually found Minotaur, and replaced my Wolfen with it.

Found jumpdrive at a Thor's in Sanctuary. I bought it, and warped straight to Heretic to mine the system and kill Sentinels then look for fabricator. I managed to kill Sentinels with great difficulty. Got enough light Iocrym armor for my ship, an intact Iocrym veil, intact Fracture cannon, and several damaged cannons. The damaged cannons will be fabricated to new level 9 weapons. Turns out Iocrym veil is really good in the Outer Realm.

Mining late game systems like Heretic with plasma torch is a pain, but it will get the job done (with autopilot to speed things up). I managed to mine lots of high level ore and sell it to Ringers for about 70k rin. For plasma torch, +fast from weapon optimizer ROM is probably more useful than +20% or +40% damage from Ingenuity.

Speaking of plasma torch, with +fast, it is good for shooting planets that spew ejecta, if I want to kill stations with ejecta spam. That is probably the plasma torch's best use. Kill friendly stations with indirect ejecta spam.

Abused Pilgrim's aid for cheap fuel. Donate 750 credits of fuel for attitude point for free refuel is great.

Discovered that Domina power Recover restores both shield and armor at the same time. I have spammed Restore frequently for free armor repairs, especially since light Iocrym armor is difficult to repair.

One of the Teraton fabricators loved Europa ice moss (+5 disposition per drop). I took note and stockpiled on the stuff so I can fabricate weapons as needed. Eventually got NAMI heavy launcher and other stuff. Took a lot of rerolls to get an omni ion blaster. I prefer omni ion blaster over IM90. If I had corporate command, I probably would have gone nanofac plus omni thermo, but that was not an option.

Got one of the new avenger missions. Killed a Ranx dreadnought and got about 150k reward. While I was at it, took all of the loot from the wrecked CW station. No problem with the mission per se. It simply felt like more free loot.

Tried one of the Ferian missions. They give more ore than my Minotaur (with about 180t capacity) can carry. If they must give items, they should give Ringer valuables that can be sold for rin. Maybe Mr. Bling Man, who I guess is a Ringer (due to Ringers' "Earthican" speak) can give rin instead of loot dump that may take several trips to clean out.

Befriended Huari, but I was almost ready to attack ICS, and did not bother with Huaramarca.

One Taikon had IM90 and Taikon-200. I sold a bunch of fabricated weapons to Teratons to get the rin to buy them. Taikon-200 is good, but veil is better against Ares. Still, I need Taikon-200 against Iocrym. IM90's quirks... makes it less useful than simple omni ion blaster as a linked-fire on Minotaur.

With Fracture cannon and nukes, Antarctica died before it had the chance to turn red and say "so be it!" I killed Antarctica before it could fire back, the best way to win if I want Lamplighter.

ICS is no joke. Quantumspheres hit very hard, even with Taikon-200 and light Iocrym armor. Eventually, I spam S3 Medusas as a spray gun to suppress Quantumspheres and attacked the ICS with Lamplighter and omni ion blaster.

Most memorable event: Accidentally one-shot killing a Korolov EI100 with my enhanced omni x-ray laser. (First Korolov was after Rigel.) Pirates attacked it while I lagged behind, I caught up, shot at a pirate ship, but the pirate ship was killed by the freighter while x-ray laser on the way. Laser hit the freighter and killed it with one shot. Got blacklisted. Later, I want to Charon and saved the station there. Could not get dock services due to not being a member (after blacklist). There were only two Charon frigates in the game, so no chance to kill Kronosaurus to become legend. Now, being very angry at Korolov, I made it a priority mission to wipe Korolov off of Human Space. Of course, that meant waiting until I kill ICS before going on a Iron Man-style vengeance spree... or so I thought. Both Korolov stations spawned next to rocky planets that spew ejecta when hit by WMD fire. Later in the game, after I obtained a plasma torch with +fast, parked my ship (which was a Minotaur then), fired at the planet from an angle so that eject would hit Korolov. I held the fire button for while during autopilot, and both Korolov stations died. The one in Charon had reactors for loot, which I took and sold. Just like Iron Man, "vengeance from the grave, kills the people he once saved"!

Bug: Got an error message from Antarctica. I took advantage of the broadcast to find it (then come back later to kill it).

Suggestion: Make the SmartCannon grant targeting while it is installed (after the bug with targeting ROM vs. installed items with targeting gets fixed). That way, player can have a temporary source of targeting before he finds the ROM.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.