1.9 Beta 2

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've just released 1.9 Beta 2. It's available for download at the usual place: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TranscendenceNext.zip

This beta includes several new features:

1. Rework of Jiang's Star to more properly represent the Sung Capital
2. New LRS colors and symbols (thanks to Wolfy).
3. Ability to salvage destroyed autons and repair them.
4. Support for WASD controls with no mouse aim (and a general re-working of keyboard binding).
5. More missions
6. Tinkers now install devices and armor (including illegal ones).
7. Improvements to container habitats.
8. New game stats: ships used, Sisters donation, Pilgrims' aid used.
9. New images for borers, autons, auton dealer, etc.

We recommend that you start a new game on this version. Avoid loading old games (it will work, but it won't be as good as a fresh game).

Full list of bug fixes: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... ed&tag=127
API 50: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=90690
New TransData: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TransData.zip

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions and bug reports!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

First short playthrough. I noticed upon doing save and exit after messing [esc] menu, the cursor somewhat becoming invisible in main menu. I'm not sure what caused it. This doesn't happens again in next try. Next up, there is bug if I try self-destruct and cancelling it either using [esc] or cursor, the cursor will appear in game.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

New missions are awesome, the characters have great personalities! Mining is definitely worthwhile now, I accumulated over 200k credits before even reaching the Charon system!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Is this going to percolate through to a steam update? I'm on the beta branch but it's 1.9 beta 1a so seems like it hasn't caught up yet.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Periculi wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Is this going to percolate through to a steam update? I'm on the beta branch but it's 1.9 beta 1a so seems like it hasn't caught up yet.
Yes, it will. There are probably one or two hotfixes I want to do first (e.g.: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=92144)

Probably by early next week.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

FYI: Just released a hotfix, 1.9 Beta 2a, which fixes some regressions.
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello Friends and Thank You for activating my account.

I have a few questions.

1. Where do i search to see the Version of the Game? Besides going to Properties and Details of the Game Launcher?

2. I want to ask if there is another "Old Resurrection Mod", to use with "Transcendence v1.9 Beta 2", cause the old one doesn't work anymore, it's again the same story with the waking up in another body, eve though after starting a New Game i check the Old Resurrect Mod Box. (Started the game as Administrator and not, same result)

3. Will there be an option to save the Keyboard Settings Profiles and then load them back? Like if there are several people playing the Game and they can load their own Keyboard Preferred Settings without the need of remapping the Keyboard every time they play.

Thanks, will add more questions after playing the new version of the Game, but first i need badly the "Old Ressurection Mod" before i start. :)
Last edited by hawk86 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

hawk86 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:53 am
1. Where do i search to see the Version of the Game? Besides going to Properties and Details of the Game Launcher?

2. I want to ask if there is another "Old Ressurection Mod", to use with "Transcendence v1.9 Beta 2", cause the old one doesn't work anymore, it's again the same story with the waking up in another body, eve though after starting a New Game i check the Old Resurrect Mod Box. (Started the game as Administrator and not, same result)
You can press [V] on main menu. It will showing Transcendence title and its version under it.

For old resurrect mods, because original author seems is not around here for a quite time, you can request the mods to be updated at this thread.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

DigaRW wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:44 pm
hawk86 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:53 am

2. I want to ask if there is another "Old Ressurection Mod", to use with "Transcendence v1.9 Beta 2", cause the old one doesn't work anymore, it's again the same story with the waking up in another body, eve though after starting a New Game i check the Old Resurrect Mod Box. (Started the game as Administrator and not, same result)
You can press [V] on main menu. It will showing Transcendence title and its version under it.

For old resurrect mods, because original author seems is not around here for a quite time, you can request the mods to be updated at this thread.
Thanks for the help DigaRW, just added the request on the page you mentioned.
Now will wait for the mod is someone can make it possible. :)
Viperion
Miner
Miner

I have noticed that in this version, in some systems it is possible for competing stations to spawn in location that can lead to huge wreckage fields that I can loot to ridiculously break the economy, soaking up all available funds in this and the immediately adjacent systems. I have one system that has a Black Market Shipyard almost exactly on top of a stargate, near two Sung Citadels, with an Adventure Outfitters, Ventauri Colony, and Heliotrope Colony triangle in the same system... I have not played for a while prior, so I don't know if this is a new issue or new feature, but it feels like I should not be able to just watch battles to this extent.

The issue also occurs in the VoTG Alpha, where all I have to do is run ahead to Abbadon and avoid getting killed while looting wrecks enough to get millions of RUs.
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

I could add to Viperion's comment that in this version, you can really easy destroy really strong stations with the puny default lase, sure if you create too much damage some destroyer will come in their aid to kill you, but why is the laser so strong from the very beginning of the game? really unbalanced gameplay must say.
Viperion
Miner
Miner

Are you sure you are not playing on Story Mode? Story Mode changes default player damage to be 10x (I think?) and damage taken to be .1x
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

Viperion wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Are you sure you are not playing on Story Mode? Story Mode changes default player damage to be 10x (I think?) and damage taken to be .1x
it must be it man, i didn't realize what mode it was, i was sad about the old resurrection mod not working anymore, started destroying anything i could, blind rage :D . :(
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Challenge mode is classic "fair" mode where damage is unadjusted for both sides. Permadeath is Challenge with permadeath enforced. Since the latest release is unstable, permadeath is not a good idea right now.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

Okay, I got this a couple days ago, logged into Multiverse and got all the files in my Collection.

One extension (Commonwealth Police) reported that it couldn't find it's libraries. I got those from Arch and put them in my collections folder and called it a night.

Today I loaded up Transcendence, clicked on the Mod Collection button and was prompted to log into Multiverse. When I did, it started telling me there were missing libraries and started downloading files again (TSB, TBR, a library needed for Eternity Port, ...).

Nym said he had not updated TBR, so it should not have downloaded anything for that, again.

So... First off, I think if you have files in your Collection folder in the game folder, when you click Mod Collection it should check/show those before even asking you to log on. Even if you do log on and it finds that you have files in your Collection folder, it should be an option to check and see if there were any updates, then check version numbers or CRC or whatever to make sure it's not downloading duplicate files.

Also, for "missing libraries", is it even checking the folder to see if they are there (even if they are not on Multiverse)?

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike