Instead of making you search, here's a link to the latest version:
Executable Only: Not Available
Full Package: Download Here
Magic Number: 213
This was mentioned in another thread, but I decided to give it a home of it's own.
For those not following, Transcendence is being ported to Linux and Mac OSX. I will be posting screenshots and comments and the occasional request for testers to this topic.
To kick things off, here's the latest screenshot:
This is running on an Ubuntu Linux VMWare guest, and is quite playable even on my slow and ancient computer.
Some people have asked for a few more details, so here's a quick (off the top of my head) rundown.
Things that aren't working yet:
General tasks I'm working on:
- * Sound
* Save games
* Stargates (this is almost 100% due to save games not working)
* A few special characters (the extra long hyphen in item descriptions) that aren't mapped into the fonts I'm using.
* Performance -- granted, I am running this entirely within vmware with optimizations cranked way down (and it's /still/ very playable), but there's a couple of optimizations that need doing.
Likely, once the saved games+stargate issue is resolved, we might decide to roll out an alpha for people to test.
- * Integrating in up to the latest official release (the original branch was taken ages ago).
* Testing and bug identification.
* Porting it back to Windows, and trying it for the first time on OSX (anyone have an old powerbook they want to get rid of?)