PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Another upload of Drake Technologies to Xelerus.

Drakian Legacy is finally back as promised, although not quite the same. Some items were either replaced or heavily changed. Some items that used to be Drake/Drakian were changed to different tech. One such item was a spore machine gun, which is now a biotech needler (acus celeri), and it uses the bioship's healer stat (normally used for armor repair) as ammo. Also, removed the Fu'ri stations because I do not think anyone wants to see a cheesy recolored station from Elysium (plus, I needed to cut stuff out to keep filesize low enough). Instead, added more Fu'ri artifacts that must be awakened to access their items. I suspect it may be too hard to get them normally.

As for Drake Technologies in part 1, one main new feature is the import of the Barrier Arc Projector, now updated. Instead of a fuzzy green particle shield, it now generates a 40 degrees arc of lightning. May be a bit overpowered. Also some bug fixes, such as clearing zapsats after a ship is suspended. Finally an illegal silly item (similar to Star Wars 3DV) to donate to the Sisters.

Note, while Drake Technologies (part 1) is a tdb file, Drakian Legacy (part 2) is in folder form. The reason is I could not compile Drakian Legacy into a tdb, and rather than wait at least a week trying to figure out how to compile mods that require more than Transcendence.tdb to compile, the mod is released as-is for anyone who wants to play now.

With that done, I will try to update the Star Castle mod next. Parts of it are broken in 1.9a, and I will try to fix.
Download and Play in 1.9 alpha...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Playership Drones (WIP): Acquire more wingmen from Ship Broker. Unfinished, but updated to 1.8 beta.
Drake Technologies (Alpha) for 1.8: If you do not have 1.9 alpha 1...

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:40 am

Just a quick note that I found what is causing the bugs in the Star Castle mod, and I am working on an update to fix that. The Star Castle mod will be updated to 1.9a1, though I cannot say when it will be ready.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Playership Drones (WIP): Acquire more wingmen from Ship Broker. Unfinished, but updated to 1.8 beta.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Since its last release nearly two-and-a-half years ago, Star Castle Arcade has been finally updated to 1.9 alpha and uploaded to Xelerus. This release fixes the killer bug that totally broke the Star Castle Arcade adventure by making all shots pass through everything harmlessly. But that is not all, the update includes new features too. Ships have been added to ship brokers in Human Space adventures (and Vault of the Galaxy). Also added are extensions for the Star Castle Arcade that act as gameplay additions.

New extensions exclusive to Star Castle Arcade:
* Deadly Rings: Playership normally bounces off the star castle's shield. With this, your ship dies instead!
* Hyperdrive: Adds a launcher-mounted device that teleports your ship to a random location. Works much like in the game Asteroids without the random self-destruct.
* Minefield: Adds stationary hazards that appear throughout the arena. Touching them is deadly, but they can also block your enemies.
* Powerups: The fun one that is self-explanatory - it adds powerups! New weapon, force fields, or destroy the Star Castle. Did I mention new weapons?
* Rebounding Walls: Instead of flying to the other side of the screen, your ship will rebound off the outer walls like in Omega Race. Makes the game hard; do not play without Hyperdrive.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Reuploaded Star Castle Arcade to Xelerus. This fixes some bugs that slipped through yesterday's release. Notably, powerups no longer permanently passthrough your ship after an attempt to visit Ship's Interior. Also removed some junk types, so a restart is necessary for games in Human Space.