The big change in 1.08 is the ability to connect to the cloud. You may create a player ID (good for all Kronosaur games) that allows you to upload your high scores to the cloud. In future versions this same ID will be used to download registered extensions (both free and paid). And when Anacreon comes online, you will be able to use the same ID to sign in to that.
A few caveats for this version:
1. Both the server and client are brand new, so there are bound to be lots of bugs. There is a small chance of data loss, which might cause you to lose a high score or (in extreme cases) to corrupt your player ID. There is a very small chance that I will have to reset the database, in which case all high scores and player IDs will be lost. [It's fun being a beta tester, no?]
2. There are currently many different ways to cheat (allowing you to post a high score that you did not earn fairly). Please don't. Over time I will add more and more checks to prevent and detect cheating, but very few are in place now, but for now you are contrained by your own conscience.
3. The current cloud servers are in a low-bandwidth data center (my home office!) so you may experience slow performance. If it seems unusually slow (> 5 seconds to do something) then please report it. Also, if you experience any connectivity problems (unable to connect to the cloud) please report it.
4. Although the game currently uploads both high scores and stats there is currently no way to access stats (and the high score list is not that great either). This will be fixed in future releases, and since the data is being uploaded today, this will work retroactively to any game you post.
5. Right now the high score list works only for the core Domina & Oracus adventure without any extensions. In the future there will be a way for registered adventures to have their own high score list and for them to use registered extensions.
6. In case anyone is interested, here are the official terms of service: http://www.kronosaur.com/legal/TermsofService.html
As always there are plenty of new features for modders. The most interesting is probably Dynamic Types (http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... f=5&t=4843).
Dynamic Types includes two new functions: typGetDynamicUNID and typCreate. It also includes the <TemplateType> element as described in the post above.
The other major feature is local storage using the functions unvSetExtensionData and unvGetExtensionData.
Here is a list of other new features:
1. The UI for showing a list of items now have variable height rows. This means that the description of an item can be longer than before (the UI will expand to accomodate it).
2. The <PlayerSetting> element in a ship class is now inherited from any base classes. This allows you to create a family of player ships without having to copy the player settings.
3. Player ships support the <DeviceSlot> element in the <Devices> section. This allows you to specify that a device installed on a player ship should always get a certain set of properties. For example:
Code: Select all
<ShipClass... ... <Devices> <DeviceSlot criteria="w" omnidirectional="true"/> ... </Devices> </ShipClass>
As always, Trac has the list of bugfixes:
Lastly, I suspect that I will need to create a 1.08a in the near future, so please let me know of any critical bugs as soon as possible and I will get them in to 1.08a.
Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback that led to this version. Enjoy!
New to the credits this version:
jimj316 for reporting a bug with Professor Dall's mission.