various questions and stuff

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 am

Is there a way of determining with code if an object is highlighted? As in 'setShowAsDestination'ed with the green or red circles showing around the object.

NMS
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:15 am

relanat wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 am
I commented out the Exclude nil code in AP's example and it works just as I needed. Those pesky little variables pop up everywhere in my code. But not for long!
Ah, good. AP's addition of showing the values is nice, but you probably don't want to exclude the variables whose value is Nil. The 'excludeNil in my version was to strip the Nils from the list that resulted from the (if) returning Nil when the condition is met.
relanat wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 am
Is there a way of determining with code if an object is highlighted? As in 'setShowAsDestination'ed with the green or red circles showing around the object.
Apparently not. You'll have to keep track of them some other way. Probably add their IDs to a list stored as data on a type when you call objSetShowAsDestination, then remove them when you call objClearShowAsDestination. If this won't work and you really need the feature, you could open a ticket.