I calculated how long it takes each starting ship to consume 10 helium fuel rods. This assumes: shields are always recharging, primary weapons is always firing, and the ship is always thrusting. Here's the result (in real seconds):
A few observations:
1. I think it is OK for the Wolfen (a gunship) to consume so much fuel, but I think that should be the limit for starting ships. The Manticore, Constellation, and Spartan are all less efficient, and might need some changes.
2. The Constellation, in particular, seems to consume power very fast (it lasts about half as long as a Sapphire). The Moskva light turret consumes 5 MW. Maybe the Constellation should start with a different omni weapon, either an omni laser or maybe we create an omni light recoilless.
3. The Manticore is as inefficient as the Wolfen, but with worse weapons. Its armor regeneration is 3 MW. Perhaps it should be lower?
4. The Spartan is also clearly consuming too much power (it is even worse than the Constellation), due to the hull plate ionizer (4 MW). Maybe we need a different shield?
5. I think the Raijin and the Freyr are OK (at least in terms of power consumption).
What do you all think?
Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
In that case the Manticore should be pretty efficient: it doesn't consume power when armor does not need to be repaired. Is that consistent with people's experience?