Where to find advanced Luminous equipment in EP?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Alandra
Miner
Miner

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:45 pm

[Not a pure beginner's question; minor spoilers below]

It looks like other players are using Luminous launchers and shrouds in EP but I don't know where to find them. I've completed the Luminous storyline a couple times now but have never seen these items in one of my games.

Also, if you do manage to get a launcher, how do you get enough ammo? I've only seen a few Luminous missiles at vendors and my EP games haven't spawned any fabricators.

Thanks in advance.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Aside from looting from Luminous, high level Luminous items could be found in Teraton stations since they can sell NotForSale items. Fabricator to make the items would be an obvious choice, but lack of high-level systems in Eternity Port means it is unlikely to spawn.

Low-level equipment like the Luminous laser seems like one-off enemy stuff, like chimera weapons in Corporate Command or Slicer's PM6. Not worth planning around.

Hunter-killers have the launcher, but they only appear in the final system (not counting Lilith).

The launcher periodically converts ore in your cargo hold into missiles, helium-regolith for thermo missiles and pteracnium for plasma missiles.
Download and Play in 1.8 Beta...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Download and Play in 1.7...
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Playership Drones (WIP): Acquire more wingmen from Ship Broker. Unfinished, but updated to 1.8 beta.