Steam Workshop and Multiverse Content

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
WildRose103
Miner
Miner

So I browsed the steam workshop for the game and I just found one extention, while there are plenty in xelerus. Can the xelerus mods be used in the steam version? If yes, then how?.
Also the multiverse content. Like the Osaka and the Commonwealth Police. How do I get them to work with the steam version?
Thank You in Advance.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The steam workshop implementation is a lot harder to use as a mod developer than the alternatives, and a lot of people in the community who develop mods don't use Steam, so people haven't really bothered with workshop uploads (I've tried it once or twice, couldn't get it to work, then never touched it again). But you can add regular mods from xelerus or the forums to the steam version fairly easily: Download them, create an Extensions folder in the directory that steam has installed the game in, then add the mods to that folder as you would for the non-steam version and they should work (assuming they're compatible with the version you're using).

Multiverse mods cannot currently be used in the steam version... but only because there isn't a direct download option. In this case, contacting the mod developer and asking for a copy directly is probably the best solution (assuming they're active). They can be run in more or less the same way as a regular extension (throw them in the Extensions folder) once you have the code for them, but right now there isn't a way to download them if you're on the steam version of the game.

This is up-to-date as of when I'm posting, but will likely change eventually when and if George works out a way to get content working better across both versions.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Song wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 pm
Download them, create an Extensions folder in the directory that steam has installed the game in, then add the mods to that folder

To be clear, the folder u create, must be names exactly ''Extensions''
By default it is not there where your game is installed.
WildRose103
Miner
Miner

Ok. Thank You very much! I can now play the Xelerua mods. I didn't know it was this easy. But still, the steam workshop needs to be looked into. Steam is a very popular distributor and it makes easy for the users of the steam version to explore all the great mods of the expanded multiverse. My favorite is Renegade and Osaka but sad that I can't play them in steam.But Nevertheless thank you for your help.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I also bought the expansions through Steam and couldn't work out how to get the updates via the MV.
I will quote 0xABCDEF from this topic https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8360
Ask George to get a Multiverse code for your Steam copy. There is currently no Steam integration for the Multiverse.
Send George an email (see 'contact us') or PM (forum) for the relevant code.

This comes up every now and then. I believe it is on the "list of things to do", but so is everything else!
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
WildRose103
Miner
Miner

Yeah, George did help with the issue. But it's a makeshift, to say the least. We can download from the multiverse and then copy it to the steam directory. No direct linkage is present at the time of this post. Let's hope the best for the future.