Trouble with getting mods to work

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Zeke
Anarchist
Anarchist

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Let me preface this with this might be the wrong location for this thread and feel free to relocate it to where it belongs.

The other mod sections seemed more about making them instead of using them.

Another preface is this isn't about the making of personal mods, just trying to use Xelerus mods.

Based on this link: https://wiki.kronosaur.com/game/guide/install_mods you make a folder called Extentions and put it in your Transcendence file. Then you unzip the mods and place the contents in the folder. Note that some come in their own folders and some are just xml files and perhaps some images. I just dropped them right in the folder as they were given when unzipped. No, I didn't extract to the folder. I just unzipped them on to the desktop and moved them, but that should make no difference. And nothing happened when I fired up the game. There were no boxes to check to activate and the mod library only shows the official game mods I added. Nothing from Xelerus.

I noted one thing about the Wiki instruction link. The folder in the illustration had a folder called TranscendenceSource. My game folder never had that. Is that needed? Something tells me this is a naming and location problem, but I also wonder if I'm supposed to extract the source code, which I'm not eager to do. I don't plan to tinker with the game - just bolt a couple things on. I looked to see if I could just download the source code but the mirror site didn't show 1.8 version for download.

I did make a screenshot of my current Transcendence folder. I have the game itself on my desktop and it works fine. It's not in my program files or on my start menu. Just in user's desktop.

You can see it looks a lot different from the Wiki link.
Tranfolder.jpg
Tranfolder.jpg (83.85 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Some guidance would be appreciated. Again, if this thread needs a move then go ahead. I'll look for it if it is moved.

NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm

It's spelled "Extensions".

Zeke
Anarchist
Anarchist

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:33 am

NMS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm
It's spelled "Extensions".
OMG! How stupid of me was that? And btw, it fixed it too!

Too funny!