1.9 Alpha 4

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:55 am

I've just released 1.9 Alpha 4.

You can download at: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TranscendenceNext.zip

This is mostly a bug fix release.

I've fixed the bug with out-of-plane stations. Unfortunately, you will have to start new games to see the fix.
I've also fixed the docking bug that caused game-locks.

The one feature I added is a re-worked Abbasid outpost. In addition to having a new image, it now uses destructible walls to defend itself.

Complete list of fixes: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... ed&tag=122
API 48: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=88609
New TransData: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TransData.zip

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release. As always, please let me know what you think!

Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:54 am

it now uses destructible walls
I'm thinking you meant to say 'indestructible' walls?

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 am

Abbasid walls need WMD to smash. However, player can now easily smash Abbasid stations by sitting on top of the station to bypass the walls and unload his weapon of choice to hit the station directly for an easy fast kill provided the playership can survive the explosion from the station.

Previously, player needed WMD to kill the station quickly enough. Now, player can fly through walls, sit on station, and kill it quickly with any weapon.
Download and Play in 1.9 alpha...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Playership Drones (WIP): Acquire more wingmen from Ship Broker. Unfinished, but updated to 1.8 beta.
Drake Technologies (Alpha) for 1.8: If you do not have 1.9 alpha 1...

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:26 am

Personally, I think all weapons needs to have WMD1. This would make early game destructible walls much more easier for newer players to deal with. I can very much imagine new players endlessly shooting at the walls and not understanding why they don't break.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm

I am considering putting WMD:1 or WMD:2 on several more of my mod weapons (that fire high-powered beams) that do not have any WMD now due to the walls, although it may not help too much because weapons with WMD:1 take a long time to smash anything.

On my mod continuous X-ray laser, I almost put WMD:2 on it, but took it off because I did not want to hear that jackhammer sound of too many hits and I did not want to see too much ejecta spewed from dead stations or asteroids.

Also, WMD weapons can explode wrecks with ammo, fuel, or other volatiles on board. Once or twice, I lost Arco's wreck (which always has loot) because the last missile I fired was unlucky enough to denotate his missiles inside the wreck and destroy it.

One more thing about the Abbasid stations: their explosions when they die are weak. The go-to strategy for killing them is fly past the walls, sit on station, and fire until it dies. The Abbasid station itself is so weak that even normal laser shots cause significant damage.
Download and Play in 1.9 alpha...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Playership Drones (WIP): Acquire more wingmen from Ship Broker. Unfinished, but updated to 1.8 beta.
Drake Technologies (Alpha) for 1.8: If you do not have 1.9 alpha 1...

Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:30 pm

The first Abbassid outpost I encountered was when I only had a Valjor laser (on the Freyr) and after shooting at the outpost for about 30 seconds without effect I realised that the laser would not break the wall.
So I installed a MAG launcher and enjoyed the cloud of debris that was created when launching a few MAG 600 grenades. The explosion of the station was next. Unfortunately all the outpost had to offer was a broken laser array and a single He fuel rod. But I had fun with it! :D

Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:46 pm

I must say, this alpha is very good.
Has there been a change in the occurrence of Tinkers for this alpha? So far they were in all systems except Rigel, Eridani and Tau Ceti for my current run. All my previous games (1.8 and 1.9) had only one Tinkers station in the entire game. Now I've already had 8 of them and have yet to reach St. Kats...

Compliments for the addition of the Helgoland class. It is a fine ship that makes trading easier. It can also stand it's own in a fight so far. The Arena was a blast with it! With the aid of a 50% enhanced Flenser in the omnidirectional Rasiermesser slot.... :mrgreen:

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 pm

I love that there are more Tinkers. Not only does it only make it easier for experienced players to dump junk goods, but players now have a more obvious and easier place to dump the goods they hoard.often, many new players hoard as much as they an and get frustrated with how much damaged goods they have occupying their storage. Now, players have a higher chance to know what and where to drop their damaged goods.

Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 pm

I've noticed that items sold in Black Markets are still unknown.
Curious about it, should they still be unknown, or should The Black Market know what they are selling?

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:25 am

I’m fine with the Black Market selling unidentified items, personally. The Sindikat almost certainly do know what they’re selling; if you don’t know, that’s your problem, not theirs.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)

Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:54 am

Then perhaps at higher ranks, the things they selling would be identified to you.